⚠️ With you by my side | Claude x Reader

------------------
I really like Claude so, here! 🤠✌
------------------

⚠️ SPOILER GD TIMESKIP! ⚠️

5 years since you left Garreg Mach cause of the war, after that no one really knew where you departed, after all, they didn't know you had to leave Fódlan for your own safety, after all, you didn't have a house to help your family with or an inheritance from them, so you were free to travel by yourself and come back to Fódlan cause of the millennium festival. The first thing you did was to grab your blade if, in the way to Garreg Mach, some thieves appeared and tried to attack you. You didn't have high hopes to find your classmates tho, at least 3 of them, but you didn't really expect to see them all in there, with Claude and... Professor Byleth? Now that was a surprise, you always thought he disappeared from what you've heard when you were about to leave Fódlan. "Is that Claude and the Professor? Well, time to slay some bandits!"

You took off the hood from your cape so your face was visible, and took your Wo Dao to start to defeat the bandits and help Claude. After some minutes, they defeated the thieves, but one of them was fake, but the Professor was able to defeat the real one, paying more attention to him, you noticed that he looks the same, not even a little bit older, that was odd, but not really important. All your former classmates started to talk about how much it took them to get to the monastery, that's when you finally said something after a while.
"Well, it took me 2 days to arrive here after going to another continent far away, so I'll see if it was worth it to come" after that, Claude decided to move the "reunion party" to another place, in other words, inside de monastery. He said that we would be using it as a base of operations to fight against the empire. Everyone started to say the motivations, normally about their houses, villages or future, then there was you, did you have one? maybe you do but you don't know yet, all you know is that you want to help Claude and your friends with everything you can, at that moment, when only you didn't say anything about your motivation, Claude asked you: "(Y/N)? What's your motivation?"
"Oh, me? Well, I... I'm not sure actually"
You explained, kind of embarrassed, cause you felt that you still had more things to do to finally found your motivation to fight the empire. "Well, talk to me when this ends, I'll try to help you. Back to the main subject" Ok, you didn't expect this, so Claude wanted to help you find your motivation, you weren't really sure if he was able to tho, after all, it has been 5 years without seeing any of your classmates, but oh boy, Claude didn't change one bit on those years, only the fact that now he's the leader of the Alliance.

After that, you went outside, thinking about what Claude said about helping you "I wonder what he means by that, maybe he can actually help me..." You think. At that moment, you feel that someone touched both of your shoulders and you got frightened, it was no other than Claude.

"Claude! You know that I don't like when you do that!"

"Sorry, couldn't resist, it's just, it's the first time we see each other and such a long time and you still get scared pretty easily" he said while giggling

"Well, it is kind of true actually. Ok so, I have a question, how are you supposed to help me find my motivation?"

"With things like questions and stuff, That would help you to find it, let's begin, ok?"

"Ok" When you said that, You and Claude started to walk through the monastery and he started to ask you things about your family, where you came from and like that for many hours.

"In those 5 years, what did you do,
(Y/N)? Cause you said that you went to another continent, really interesting actually"

"Many things actually, I wanted to go to a peaceful place with no one knowing where I departed. But I knew that someday I had to come back to Fódlan to see you and the others again, cause I would miss you..." You said the last part whispering and nearly blushing

"Oh? What did I just hear now? You were going to miss ME?" Claude said while smirking, obviously teasing you

"Uh, well maybe?" This time you felt your cheeks burning, knowing that it was really

"That's so sweet of you, (Y/N)! Or did you meant it in another way?" That last couple of words make you blush, even more, you didn't expect him to say something like that, like if it was super normal, and as always he was smirking at you.

"W-what do you mean? What do you mean 'in another way'?" You started to have an idea of what he was trying to say but you didn't want to admit it now, yes, you liked him but you did not expect something like this to happen.

"You know, when a girl is in love with a guy but she is too shy to tell him directly, and the guy starts to get ideas of what she's feeling and she tries to hide it but failing cause he already knows and is saying it in this exact moment cause, in other words, he feels the same way?" That was the moment when you realized that Claude felt the same way about you, it was too lovely to be true, like a dream but not one at the same time, this was the moment to tell him your feelings? yes.

"Well... I do have feelings for you but I was way too shy to tell you, but this is the moment where I tell you that, I love you for a long time and... This is how I feel" Oh boy, those words were way too good, you never expected you could talk that way and say your feelings to the guy you always loved, and that he felt the same way makes you way too happy.

"I feel the exact same way, I know that With you by my side, we can unite Fódlan, together. I love you (Y/N)"

Those words were something you never expected to hear but, it was a beautiful moment, and even more when he kissed you, the boy you love, the one you had dreams with, by your side for the rest of your lives.

--------------------------------------------------------------
1120 words 🐢

I absolutely love how this turned out, Thanks for reading! ♡