I'll be with you | Ryoma x Reader

Back to writing! this is a request for moonlitwritings_, please enjoy! 💕
---------------------------------------------------------

It was around 11 pm, you were really tired cause of the last battle, steaming while the cold air of Hoshido was refreshing to you. So, now Hoshido was on a war with Nohr, huh? Well, Corrin is not here with us and it affects every single one of us... And well, you'll just have to try your best to get stronger and protect the people you care about and well, your homeland in general. Kind of a timeskip, you leave your tent and hear sobs coming from a nearby lake, it was late, 2 am to be specific and there was an important mission tomorrow, so you went to check and... Ryoma was crying.

"It's my fault... Corrin joined them..." It was heartbreaking to see your leader in that state, and well, you just had to help.

"Umm... Ryoma? Is everything all right?"

"Who- (Y/N)? Oh god, I-I didn't want anyone to see me like this..." He turned around to see you and it was really easy to say that he cried for a long time cause of his puffy eyes.

"No, no... It's fine, Ryoma, is there something troubling you? Is it... cause of Corrin? Remember that you can tell me anything and I'll try to help you." While you said those words, you got closer to him and placed your left hand on his shoulder.

"Yes... After mother... Died, I wanted to be there for my siblings, to protect them from any danger, keep them safe, but... Corrin left me, left us, his birthright, and went with the Nohrians... (Y/N)? Am I a bad person? Have I done something wrong for him to leave me? Please... Please tell me (Y/N), I-I need to know... Please..." Every single word that he said was painful to hear, and now you were about to cry. So, it was kind of difficult for you to help someone in this state if now it's affecting you too, but it was him, so of course, the first thing you did was help him.

"Oh, Ryoma, you are an incredible person, you have always been kind to me, to everyone and that already makes you a wonderful human being. Yes, Corrin left but... I know it's hard to just go on with your brother betraying you but Hoshido needs you... I need you. Well, I don't think Corrin wanted it to be this way, I may not know him as much as you do but I'm sure that he cares about everyone..."

When you finished talking, Ryoma's eyes widened and instantly hugged you while crying even more than before.

"Thank you (Y/N)... Thank you so much..."

"There's no need to thank me that much, haha... it's the truth and I want you to know it..." After more hugging and crying together, you both decided to calm down from all of that sad moment and you asked Ryoma if there was anything that you could help him with now.

"So uh, I know it's late and all of that but I bet I could help you out with something like I don't know, strategy and things like that? I mean, to help you to not have that much weight on your shoulders."

"Oh, it's really nice for you to want to help, (Y/N), but are you sure? Cause you said it, it is late and tomorrow we have a mission and-" He paused to yawn, and of course, it meant he was tired, a new reason to help him!

"Told you! You ARE Tired! Let me help, please! Yes, I know that sometimes I can be kind of uhh dumb and stuff like that but I guess I try my best and that's what matters, so I'll help you, no buts!"

"Haha, guess I have no choice."
When you both arrived at his tent, there was a pile of papers on the desk and well, it was a disaster.

"Ouch, that's way too much for one person. Are all of those papers about the war?" Maybe some of them were just Hoshidan villagers complaining about stuff like terrains and things like that?

"Well, to be honest... I don't really know, but Takumi, Sakura, and Hinoka are helping with some of them, but I didn't really want to give that way too much work so I decided to do all the rest, this pile." It was time to get to work on this stuff, first of all, organize this mess of a desk. There were pens, papers, papers, and EVEN MORE PAPERS everywhere, so, Was it going to take a while? Pretty much, yeah.

"So, this farmer is complaining that his neighbor's cow broke one of his fences, should we like, send someone there to help those two?" Ok, now saying that out loud sounded kind of dumb and it was.

"Oh, yes, we'll send Orochi to check, she may get angry easily but it'll work." And that's how you both spend 2 hours, working and working, you felt kind of dizzy in the middle of helping and almost fell asleep right on the spot.

"(Y/N)?"

"I- Oh, hello... I uhh, almost fell asleep, right? Ugh, well, it is late but I need to finish this quickly..."

"Oh god, If you feel tired you can always tell me to do the rest by myself, really, you need to sleep more than me, (Y/N)"

"Ryoma, no, I need to help you even if it cost me my sleep schedule and Takumi
getting mad at me cause I overslept and stuff like that, trust me, I can do this..." So yeah, you pretty much forced yourself to stay up until really late, but you never really thought that in the middle of it, you would literally feel asleep, and of course, Ryoma saw you and the first thing he did was check if you were comfortable and basically, you weren't. So, being really careful, he carried you to his bed and covered you with the blankets.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)..."

-----------------------------------------------------
1010 words 🐢

hello there! I finished all my homework and here I am, at 10 pm and already tired cause I spent 2 full days doing homework- but I hope you enjoyed the one shot!!