Wanna give it a try? | Leon x Reader

This is for StriatonTrioGirl! Thanks for requesting! 💕 here I go (also, check her one-shots 👀)
---------------------------------------------------

You joined Celica's group back on the fight vs the pirates a couple of months ago, just a cavalier and boom! kidnapped by some pirates while going to give Celica some supplies she might need, at least her group was able to rescue you and she even asked you to join her and, of course, you accepted!
You weren't really able to fight cause the enemies had axes and as a lance user, they would destroy you, but you were able to finish the cantor, that's something!
After a couple of fights, Saber told Celica to not go to where the "King of the pirates" was, but she still went, she's soo brave! while preparing for the battle, you saw a lavender haired archer, he was... beautiful... He made you helpless!

'Its this... what love at first sight feels like?' It's the first thing you thought while trying to hide your blush from Mae, who was smirking at you.

"Hey (Y/N)! Did you say something? looks like you did!"

"Maybe I did? Y-you should prepare for battle, Celica is probably waiting anyway!"

"Well~ but I'll ask you when this fight ends~!"

"Uhh, sure? See you later, I guess"

Ugh! You don't even know him but he looks like a nice and cute person, and he's an ally so maybe he'll join the group! that would be your opportunity to get to know him. But again, all the enemies were... axe users! so you didn't really fight again, just to land the final blow if the enemy was about to die. At least you had the leather shield Celica gave you when she noticed you weren't able to fight.
After the fight and defeating Barth, you saw the 'lavender guy' and the other two were safe! so now Celica entered the place where the enemies were and talked to them. Their names are Kamui, a mercenary, Valbar, a knight and Leon, the archer who looked soo handsome! Valbar was the first one to join and the other two followed him, so now this was your opportunity... But Mae quickly approaches you.

"(Y/N)! So, about what happened on the battlefield-" Says the pink-haired mage with a smirk

"Hey Mae, oh well... don't talk too loud, please! I don't want anyone more than you to hear this"
If someone else heard this, they would probably tell Leon, and well, that would be a really bad thing to happen at this moment.

"Anyways, I saw that you looked at Leon! are you interested in him, (Y/N)?"
There, the question that you knew she would ask you at some minute, she's your friend so, telling the truth is the best option.

"I... well... yeah?"

"OH MY! I'M SO-" She almost screamed, and by almost I mean she LITERALLY screamed that, but I had to cover her mouth with my hand.

"Mae, please don't scream, I told you already! You are the only one who will know after all"

"Aww, you trust me, you are so cute,
(Y/N)! And of course, this will be between us, not Boey, Celica or anyone, just me and you!"

8 months later...

A couple of months passed and you always tried to talk to Leon, and he called you friend, So that meant he's now your friend and that makes you so happy! Almost all the time OR all the time you eat lunch with him and really enjoy doing it, cause you can get to chat with him about many things but normally he would mention Valbar at least once... that's when you had even more hints that Leon is in love with the knight, of course, it hurts your feelings but he's your friend and you would always support him with anything, even if Leon likes him, you would always try to keep your feelings even if they aren't mutual. But one day something that you really. REALLY didn't expect to happen. While organizing your tent, you heard Mae getting closer to where you were, screaming your name.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!"

"Mae, calm down, please! Did something happen for you to be like this?"

"Y-yes! oof! I-i'm out of breath... b-basically I found something you might like... no... LOVE!"

"Oh? Well, spit it out" You gave Mae some time to breathe until she was fully prepared to say it.

"So, I was going to my tent and I passed in front of Leon's and I heard something! he was writing a love letter to someone, and that someone is no one other than YOU, (Y/N)! HES HEAD OVER HEELS FOR YOU" When you heard that, it felt like if you had a heart attack! The guy you that always made you helpless, in love with you, it was WAY too amazing to be real, but it is!

"W-what?! Mae, you are sure of what you heard, right?"

"Of course, you dum-dum! I'm 100% sure, (Y/N)! If he says anything to you tomorrow, can I be the first one to know? please, PLEASE?"

"S-sure,!"

Now, the only thing on your mind is Leon, a love letter... will he leave it on your tent when you are asleep? ugh, its way too perfect to be true! oh Mila, please, tell me this is real!

The next day...

You woke up pretty early, at least 8 am cause there was an arrow on your desk that said

"At 9 am meet me at the woods ♡ -Leon"

By the heart, it was pretty obvious it was him, maybe he'll say something to you? cause what Mae said sounds real! and well, it would make you so happy after all, so you changed to your armor and went to the woods with a lance if well, something happened.
You saw Leon sitting on a tree log that was big enough for someone to sit on, when he saw you, he instantly smiled.

"(Y/N)! Good timing, friend!"

"Hey there, Leon, did you need something?"

"Well, yes, to be more specific, here, take this, I want you to read it"
What Mae said was real, he wrote a letter to you, this really made you happy! he felt the same way?

"Oh, sure"

Dear (Y/N)
I'm writing this with all the courage I can to write and give it to you, but here goes. I feel something for you, more than friendship, to be exact. When I see you smile it's like a blessing sent to me by the gods! it makes my days better and way happier. You may be asking yourself like if I like Valbar but, I felt like it was hurting me actually, I felt like... it wasn't worth it to feel this, I think I was lying to myself and... I actually liked You.

-Leon

"Leon... I..."

"(Y/N), It's okay if you don't feel the same but please, tell me, do you feel the same way as I do?"

"Y-yes! I do feel the same for a long time, actually... but I wasn't ready to tell you but... now I know you feel the same way as I do"

"I love you, (Y/N), I promise that I'll protect for the rest of my days."
-

--------------------------------------------------
1228 words 🐢

YAY I DID IT! I hope you guys enjoyed this!