⚠️ The price of war | Dimitri x Reader

Listening to Hamilton, I had an idea and boom, you and I are in here.
I also added more things, also a 'scene' about the war council I think it was called? cause why not, I'm a clown 🤡

Dimitri is kind of occ I'm so sorry,,,

(This is kind of angst btw)

Spoilers: Blue Lions route, last month + time skip

Y/W - Your Weapon (sounds dumb-)
-----------------------------------------------------

Since... that day, you saw Dimitri in a different way... was Felix right? maybe he was... maybe... Dimitri was a monster who loved to spill blood... he crushed a soldier's head while all your classmates, the professor and you were watching how he murdered those poor souls... and the Flame Emperor? No... Edelgard... was responsible for all of these things, from Flayn getting kidnapped to this... The heir to the throne, the future emperor from the adrestian empire? It was just... unbelievable... But that occurred 5 years ago and now? It's the millennium festival, where everyone from the Blue Lions class would meet on the monastery but many things changed on those years, a war started and everything is chaos, you didn't really know how your classmates are doing or if they survived all of this bloodbath... So today you had to go back to the monastery, but now it's on ruins and full of thieves, so you would have to kill... just like those years.

You grabbed your (Y/W), on your way to the monastery, you saw them, the professor and.. Dimitri? He looked so different... After all those things that happened on that time span... Well, now your only objective is to protect him and all of your classmates.
You followed Mercedes and Annette, after all, they were healers and may need some help. You were able to defeat some thieves that wanted to attack the professor, after some minutes, you saw Dimitri... staring at you after slaughtering an enemy, but for a moment, his features softened when he looked at you, but he quickly moved when he realized you noticed him, maybe after this battle you could talk to him, at least for some minutes, right?
Sylvain was able to defeat the bandit but it turns out he was fake, but Ingrid, a Falcon Knight was capable of defeating him now, another poor soul only wanting to survive, may the goddess welcome those who fell on the battlefield...
After the battle, you went to your old dorm, oh, you missed this place so much... 5 years without coming to this place, it really is incredible how things changed in all those years, but it's not the time to get nostalgic, you want to talk to Dimitri. So you went to the cathedral, and the first thing you saw
was him but... he looked sad, standing in front of the destroyed place, it was horrible to watch him like that, but you thought that if you talked with him, he would probably just tell you to go away. The next day, there was a war council to organize how to attack the Empire's army when they try to claim the monastery.

"Professor, what do you think we should do?" Said Seteth

"It would be a good option to head south with our strongest warriors, they'll send more reinforcements through there, and if we want to defeat the general, we should send-" Suddenly, the professor was cut off by... Dimitri

"I'll do it..."

"Dimitri, we can't just send you to do that, the general is almost as strong as you and we cannot bear to lose you!"

"I don't care. I'll go and end his life by myself, I already made my decision, I'll be the one to attack him."

By the sudden change of aura of the room, you turned around to see your classmates' faces and... they all were just straight-up surprised or some of them mad at Dimitri, especially Felix. Well, it actually was really dangerous for him to go on his own to attack the General, he's royalty and well, if we lose him... we lose... So, you had an idea and decided to speak up.

"Seteth, may I suggest something?" You said while raising your hand, and turned to see Seteth, but you noticed that Dimitri was, again, staring at you, just like in the battlefield...

"Go ahead, (Y/N)"

"So, I am not saying you are weak or something like that, Dimitri. But I also don't think that you should risk your life that way... Yes, you are a good fighter but I don't think that you should go by yourself, at least with the professor with you or someone you trust enough to accompany you there."

"Nice suggestion, what do you think, Professor? Dimitri?"

"Being honest, the idea it's actually really good, but well, we have to see what Dimitri thinks about it..."

"I'm getting tired of this, let's just get this over with, Professor and (Y/N), you both are coming with me, while I want the healers to make sure everyone is in good state while we are fighting."

"Now, with everything done for the next mission, session dismissed!"

Now that everyone is going to either eat or sleep, it was your opportunity to talk to Dimitri! So you quickly waited for everyone to go out and ran to where Dimitri was heading to and tried to catch is attention in, well, almost screaming.

"Dimitri! I got something to tell you! Hold up!" You screamed while running towards him.

"What is it (Y/N)..." It was kind of obvious that he was trying to avoid you, even if he wanted for you to fight with him against the General, for some reason he wanted you to go away...

"I kind of wanted to ask you something... Are you by any reason trying to uhh... avoid me? I-I mean, have I done something wrong, something to like, hurt you in some way? Cause if I did I'm sorry..." While saying that, just by your facial expressions or that you were moving your hands way too much, anyone would be able to tell that you were really, really nervous for some reason. He just stared at you, and there was silence for some 10 seconds until Dimitri straight-up walked away.

"Dimitri, wait! Please, tell me, I need you to tell me what happened."

"(Y/N), Do you know how much I have gone through when you were gone? In all of those 5 years, you just disappeared from my life, as everyone did! I was so worried about you, and now, you act as nothing happened? Where were you?! I always thought you would never leave me..." He mumbled that last part, his tone had a change from anger to sadness, so, maybe it now was your fault that he's worse? I mean, you did hear about all he had gone through and it was horrible but... he's different...

"I never meant to leave you, Edelgard started a war and I had to help my people, I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that but i... please, listen to me for once... I didn't mean to, I told you already, just let me protect you now, here, I don't care to make sacrifices..."

"Hmph... I don't even know if I can trust you now. Do what you want, after all, war has its prices."

-----------------------------------------------------
1228 words 🐢
hello!! so uhh, Dimitri was kind of occ, oops, but hey, hope you guys liked the one shot!!!