Chapter 18. The baby.

Katniss POV

Our baby was born today. I have never been so happy in my life. Its a girl. And this time, its Peeta's child. We are still deciding on the name....

'You have any ideas?' Peeta asks me.

'Umm... what about Jasmine Rue?'

'I like it. Jasmine Rue. Lets do it.'

And the baby was born on Peetas birthday!

'Sorry Peeta I didn't get you anything. I will its just I went into labor and then--'

'Katniss. You gave me the best gift of all. A child. I was really stressing out seeing you in so much pain though. I'm glad you are okay now. I love you.' He kisses me for a very long time. Each kiss getting rougher and rougher.

'I love you too Peeta.'

•••••••••

The baby has been going well. She is healthy, and I love her to death! Wait maybe that wasn't the right choice of words....

Im interrupted by the phone ringing. Its Gale again. I want to ignore it. I will ignore him. But maybe he has something inportant to say. I decide if he gives me any shit, I will hang up on him straight away.

'What do you want Gale!?'

'I just wanted to tell you again that Im sorry, and Im moving back to District 2. I know my decision to come here affected you and Peetas relationship, because you realised you are still in love with me--'

'Im not still in love with you! I love Peeta now. We have a child. His child this time. Now run along to district 2. I don't care if you leave I hate you.'

'Catnip--'

'Don't call me Catnip anymore. Thats what my old friend Gale used to call me. Not this one.'

'Ok Katniss im telling you that I have found another woman, and we are having a child'

Theres dead silence for a minute.

'Ok, well try not to kill it,' there is alot of venom in my voice, 'And stop trying to get my attention. You are not the man you used to be!'

'Well youre not the woman you used to be either! You said you never wanted Kids! You never showed any affection towards anyone, so whats so different about Peeta!'

'HE IS MY HUSBAND! I love him!! Only him! I never showed affection to anyone because I didn't know who I loved. But now I know! Its Peeta! Hes my life! And i changed my mind on kids because I wanted them with Peeta! Not you! And besides it safer for them now. So please go away and don't bother me again!'

'Alright Katniss but remember--'

'I hang up. Ill never kniw whay he had to say. Just like before we left to go to the first hunger games, when he was pushed out the door. I let a tear fall, but then wipe my face. Its not true what he said. Im not in love with him, im in love with Peeta. He may not even have a partner. But him being in district 12.. would that have reallt affected my decision? No because Peeta is my life. He is my always.

I look into Jasmin's bright blue eyes, just like Peetas. She looks mainly like me otherwise with her brown hair and olive skin. And I realise that this is all I have ever wanted.

This chapter is dedicated to my two twin sisters who were born yesterday, Jacinta and Kayly.