(29) Let's Get Married.

"Can I come in?"

Devlin wondered why he was asking when he was already in.

"Shut the door please." She said moving to sit on her bed.

He did and walked slowly towards her, like a cat that was wary of its new owner. "Are you okay?"

She looked up at him and he saw sadness in her eyes. What a fool he'd been. When he was done with Bruce yesterday, he'd stayed awake all night planning how to best invade Bull's hideout, which was surprisingly not far from him. If he'd acted on impulse yesterday, he would have gone straight there, and no doubt would have been killed. A counterattack of such caliber needed careful planning, and that was what he'd been doing with Peter and Cody. His phone had been switched off, and everyone else's phones too. This morning, Ivan had woken him to tell him what had happened to Dore and that he'd driven Pamela back home.

The fact that he'd not been there with her when it'd happened made him mad. Dorothea had been like a mother to him, she'd been kind and loving and if her death had torn him as it had, he couldn't imagine what Pamela must be going through. He admired her though. She was strong.

"This question again?"

The sadness in her voice broke his heart. "I just want to know." He sat beside her. The bed squeaked in protest to adjust to his weight.

"Well, I answered that already. Yes, I am fine."

He used his hand to raise her face so that she would be looking at him. They kept looking into each other's eyes until Devlin started to notice that her eyes were glittering. He was wondering why until the tears rolled down her hers.

"No, I'm not... I'm not." She broke down and started to sob.

Devlin gathered her in his arms, whispering soothing words to her. He felt her pain, understood what she was going through, and wanted so much to ease her pain, hell, he wanted to erase it all from existence. Minutes later, she had calmed down but he was still holding her.

"Where were you? Why didn't you come for me? I thought you were still mad at me and you didn't want to come to see me."

"No, no, never. I could never be mad at you for so long." He kissed her forehead. "I love you and I'm so sorry for everything that happened. I – I dragged your family into this, I –"

"It's not your fault," She sat up and touched his face. "Please don't blame yourself."

"I can't help it, I –" He ran his fingers through his hair. "I wish I could.... put a bullet into Bull's head for taking everything I hold dear."

"Not everything," Pamela said quietly.

He smiled, his eyes misting with tears as Pamela brought her lips closer to his for a kiss. He moved towards her too, and their lips met, their hands clung unto each other, their breaths mingled and their souls united. It should have been a simple kiss, an 'I miss you' kiss, at least that was what Devlin had planned, he just never thought it would turn into a soul-searing, hot, yearning, passionate one.

The taste of her tongue drove him crazy, almost making him lose his sanity. Their bodies molded, and fit perfectly like they were sculpted separately by God just for each other. She slid her hand over his neck and he held her tiny waist, as their mouths moved in sync with the rhythmic beats of their hearts that seemed to now beat as one.

He didn't know when he started to unzip her jeans or when he slid her top over her head. She on the other hand, with unsteady fingers, tugged his shirttail from his waistband and started to unbutton his shirt. Devlin kissed her neck and shoulders. He unclipped her bra and tossed it aside. When his lips met hers again, they did so with ravenous hunger. He wrapped her in his arms and lay her on the bed. Her eyes closed, she stretched forth her hands to receive him but he hesitated, his eyes caressing her bare body and taking it all in.