13

^^ Kenny Level 16 (Kenny&Hellen's Equipment) ^^

"HEEEEEY YOOOOOU GUUUUUYS!!!" A loud voice sounded from below me, as Uric made himself known downstairs. "I was told not to sneak up on you, so I'm giving you a warning!!!"

"I appreciate your failed attempt at politesse." I responded dryly, walking down the stairs and stepping past him to get to my coffee-maker; this was a fancy way of saying I summoned a cup of coffee from the Market, which cost a copper coin and was worth it every morning. The little wooden box buzzed softly and opened, revealing the delicious beverage within. "Now, good morning, Uric. Have some coffee or tea, and relax." I nodded calmly, sitting in my seat on the L-Couch and drinking the strong brew.

Hellen laughed softly at the frozen young man from her seat across from me, likewise drinking some coffee. "Uric, you should have expected that not to work on her three times. Good morning, dear."

"Mornin'." I nodded slowly.

"Mm. I want to clarify something with you, if that's alright, while Uric and Kenny go outside and look at the flowers." She added sternly, staring at me with a piercing golden gaze.

"Oh, uh, alright." Kenny looked confused, but he stood up and took Uric outside without any protest, taking his coffee with him.

I raised an eyebrow, humming softly. "If this is about my embarrassing myself last night, I've already apologized to Jack for the misunderstanding."

She frowned slowly. "What did you do to Jack? I wanted to ask your intentions, because you seem to enjoy teasing Jack and Uric... now I'm even more worried?!?" She asked seriously, sitting up straight.

"He called on me at 3am, and asked for a favor; I interpreted this as a proposition, and came down in this." I waved a hand at my robe, which was currently closed. "The misunderstanding was cleared up and I apologized, helped him with his Character Issues, and then offered him a cuddle, but he logged out before he could succumb. As for my Intentions, I intend to tease people, and I find Jack a dashing and gallant figure whom I have some small amount of interest in. Uric is cute, but not my type, so any flirting is entirely for fun, not serious." I shrugged, laying out my answer and reasoning without embellishment.

She nodded slowly, relaxing. "Alright... I suppose that's... comforting? You should make that clear to Uric, though, I don't want him strung along, you understand?"

"He can hear this conversation, no doubt, but I will stress the issue with him, if you want. Jack, however, I am going to be asking for a romantic endeavor or two. Do you have an issue with me pursuing a party member?" I asked calmly, setting her expectations so she didn't think I was some unscrupulous tramp who just wanted to mess with people.

She blinked, tapping her fingers against the ceramic coffee mug in her hands. "So long as it doesn't interfere with our Dungeon Hunting, and it's entirely consensual, I don't have an issue. And no more letting Uric give you Moon-Eyes to fuel your Ego; make your disinterest clear with him, okay?"

"It's not for my Ego, dear, it's for my Libido, but I will speak to him. I didn't mean to make the party uncomfortable, and in fact I tried very hard to not let that happen, but I suppose I failed a little with that, so I sincerely apologize." I nodded and set my empty coffee cup on the table, where it caught fire and turned to dust instantly.

"And I apologize for coming off as a prude; I worry for Jack, and Uric as well. They're a bit sheltered, both of them, and they haven't had much contact with ladies of your... caliber." She chuckled dryly at the pun.

"Mm, thank you for the compliment. Now should you call in the boys? We have work to do today, and we need to talk about our Plans." I waved a hand, summoning a chat screen and sending a message to Jack. 'Are you logged in, dear? We're at the Alchemist's Hut.' -Samantha.