Part 5 *Edited*

I have nothing to do and it's Friday. That means Noah is at school and I have no one. Rory and mom left this morning so I decided to spend the day on making the perfect dress to wear tonight. I want to see if Grandma and Grandpa think the dress is nice without knowing where it is from. So that's what I did, I spent the whole making the dress and watching TV downstairs.

It's just before seven and we are all ready to go and get in mom's car. I decided to wear the dress I made and mom said it look amazing and very expensive. (outfit above) We are now standing outside the big taunting doors just looking at them. The Rory breaks the silence, "so, do we go in or do we just stand here re-enacting 'the little match girl?" Well tonight is going to be fun. Mom turns to look at my sister, "okay, look, I know you and me are having a thing here and I know you hate me but I need you to be civil. At least through dinner, on the way home you can pull a Menendez. Deal?" Rory had her arms crossed, "fine." Then mom rang the door bell.

The door opens and reveals Grandma, "Hi, Grandma." She smiles at us, "well you're right on time." We walk into the house and mom gives grandma a slight smile back, "yeah, yeah, no traffic at all." I still don't get why we have to be here. We take our coats off and grandma takes them, "I can't tell you what a treat it is to have you girls here." Mom puts on a smile, "oh, well, we're excited too." I would be if I had a clue to why we're even here.

Grandma then looks at mom's coffee cup, "is that a collector's cup or can I throw it away for you?" Mom goes to put it in the nearest bin but was told to put in the kitchen, "sorry." Grandma then take our hands, "so, I want to hear all about Chilton." I smile and say, "well, we haven't actually started yet." We walk into the living room leaving mom slightly behind us.

As we enter I see Grandpa reading the paper, "Richard, look who's here." He looks up from his paper, "Rory, Christina. You're tall." We just stand there and smile, "we guess." He takes off his glasses, "what's your height?" Why does it matter, Rory answers for the both of us, "five-seven." He nods, "That's tall. They're tall." Then mom walks in, "hi, dad." He looks at mom who is behind us, "Lorelai, your daughter's tall."

Mom looks over at us and then says, "oh, I know it's freakish. We're thinking of having them studied at M.I.T." He nods and then looks back at his paper. Grandma then walks back over, "champagne, anyone?" I take a glass and so does mom, "That's fancy." Grandma smiles, "well, it's not every day that I have my girls here for dinner on a day the banks are open." I hold in my laugh and just smile. She rises her glass, "a toast. To the both of you entering Chilton and an exiting new phase of their life." We then take a sip. Then we sit down as instructed by grandma.

I sit next to grandpa and Rory sits next to me. Grandma sits next to mom, "this is just wonderful. An education is the most important thing, next to family." Then mom makes a joke, "and pie. Joke, joke." I shake my head. Grandpa gives us a piece of the paper I read this morning so I spoke up, "The stocks aren't in favour of the Harrison's I read it this morning." Grandpa nods, "I shall have to call them." I nod. Grandma smiles at me, "I love your dress, what designer is it by." I smile, "thanks, I made it." Grandma's smile brightens, "then you have a natural talent." I smile and go back to reading.

We were soon in the dining room eating what I think is lamb. "girls, you like the lamb?" Grandma looks at us two. We nod and I say, "It's good." Then she continues, "too dry?" I shake my head, "no, it's perfect." Then mom jumps in with another joke, "potatoes could use a little salt, though." Grandma gives her a looks and I kick her under the table. "excuse me?"

Rory then comes in saving the day, "so, Grandpa, how's the insurance biz?" He shrugs, "oh, people die, we pay. People crash cars, we pay. People lose a foot, we pay." Wow, it has a nice ring to it I guess. Mom make a third joke of hers to lighten the mood, "well, at least you have your new slogan." This time grandpa bites back, "and how are things ay the motel?" Wow he has sass. Mom puts on a smile, "the inn? They're great." She take a sip of her wine and grandma joins the conversation, "Lorelai's the executive manger now. Isn't that wonderful?" Grandpa does not respond and continues, "speaking of which, Christopher called yesterday."

My face hardened and mom jumps in, "speaking of which? How is that a speaking of which?" He just keeps going on, "He's doing very well in California. His internet start-up goes public next moth. This could mean big things. Very talented man, your father." I feel like sinking into a black hole and my mom bites back, "they know." he doesn't stop, "He always was a smart one, that boy. You two must take after him." I hope I don't. Mom takes her napkin off her lap and says, "speaking of which, I'm gonna get a coke. Or a knife." She then gets up and leaves. We just sit there in silence so I speak up, "I think I'm gonna go talk--" I say getting up but grandma interrupts me, "no I'll go. You two keep your grandfather company." So she then leaves. Grandpa falls asleep and we find out that mom asked them to pay for Chilton, now we have Friday night dinners.

After that we leave the house and I close the door behind me. Mom sighs, "mom?" She sends us a smile, "I'm okay. I just... Do I look shorter? 'Cause I feel shorter?" Rory tries to make her feel better, "Hey, how about I buy you a cup of coffee?" She smiles at us two, "Aw. Yeah. One of you drive through, okay 'cause... I don't think my feet will reach the pedals." They go to Luke's and I told them I would meet them a home.

I walk to the music shop and see Noah, "I thought you had a dinner to go to." I nod, "I did, I'm in a bad mood. Is it ok if we go in the back and record a rough song. I just need to let it out, with no one watching. You know." He nods and takes me to the back room. I normally do this when I'm sad or mad because Noah's family own the shop. This is my third interest I was just never that sure if I was good enough so I don't tell people. It's just sometimes I feel so much pressure from being Rory's twin and having to be perfect I need a release. (video above.) Once I'm finished Noah smiles, "bad night then." I give him a small smile, "you think?"