Part 63

Now that Luke is back I am going in to my first shift at the diner. I walk in and Luke looks up, "hey, what're you doing here?" I roll my eyes, "just because you were rude to me, I still have to work. Hand me the notepad and apron." He nods and hands them to me and I get to work. As I was pouring someone's coffee Luke walked up to me, "after your done, can I talk to you in the back." I nod, "sure just let me take this order."

After I was done with that order I walked in the back, "you wanted to talk." He nods, "yeah, look I know you have school soon so I'll make this quick. I'm sorry for what I said, I was wrong and I shouldn't have said that. You are really smart, the real reason I asked Rory and not you is because Jess seems to respect her and the seem like friends." I nod, "I accept your apology, look I've got to get to school like you said, so I will talk to you later Lukey." He nods and I leave for school.

After school Rory said she had somewhere to go so to leave without her. I was not getting on that bus alone so I called Logan to pick me up. After I called him I went to my locker to get my books, after I got them I walked out and saw a crowd full of people. I walk up to Madeline, "what's going on?" She smiles, "Logan Huntzberger is here. He's never been here before, do you think he's dating someone from here." I roll my eyes, "I gotta go, bye Madeline." She waves bye and joins Louise looking at Logan.

I walk up to his car, "now if I would have known you were cause trouble, I would have called Finn." He shakes his head, "you and me both know you couldn't, you know because he's visiting his family in Australia. Also all I did was stand here." I laugh, "sure, whatever. I should have called Noah, no one fusses over him. Let's go Charming." He opens my door and bows, "as you wish Queenie." I get in the car and send Madeline and Louise a wave goodbye and they look in shock.

Right now I was at home and mom was drinking and having fun with me and Rory because she finished her finals. "I'm feeling so good, sister, because it's over. No more finals, no more studying, no more school. The pressure's off. Do you know how much pressure I felt? All last week, I felt like a giant man and his brother were sitting on my chest." I laugh and Rory asks, "a giant man?" Mom nods, "and his giant brother." I ask, "did they have names?" She nods, "Clem and Clem-- same names, which did not reflect well on the imagination of their mothers."

Rory corrects her, "mother." She shakes her head, "mothers-- there were two Clem's." I nod, "'cause they were brother." Mom the rhymes with me "yes, so they had mothers." Rory shakes her head, "don't go dragging us into you into your drunken world." She then goes back to her book and mom keeps babbling, "it's not a bad place, to be, my friend. mnh-mnh. Tanks empty."

Rory then holds up the book she was looking at, "hey, what is this?" Mom walks back into the kitchen and asks, "what?" Rory looks back at the book, "this 'life plan' book thing." I make grabby hands, "let me see." She hands it to me and Mom responds, "a gift for the grads from the happy people at Hartford community college. Hey, how many margaritas is too many margaritas?"

I look up from reading, "if you can't remember where the living room is." She comes back in, "I'm still good." I nod and read over the book before saying, "here's an interesting question for you-- 'have you given any thought to how children will work into your future plans?'" Mom laughs, "well, they're not gonna stand in my way, that's for sure. I plan to have some, of course, but I'm just gonna knock 'em out and have the nanny catch 'em and care for 'em, make sure Mick Jagger doesn't come near them, and then return them to me when they're 21."

Rory shakes her head, "well, what about us?" Mom smiles, "you two our my favourite eldest children. You get to stay by my side." I smirk, "don't we just feel so privileged." Just then the phone rings and Rory says, "I'll get it." Mom nods, "hey, now, if that's Mick Jagger, hang up and blow that whistle I gave you." Then Rory goes into her room and takes the phone call. I give mom the book back and say, "I'm gonna head off to bed. I'm proud of you mom, love you." She kisses my cheek, "love you too hun."

A/N: Hey guys I know I said I might not update today but I kind of got distracted from my school work and I feel like my brain is going to explode if I don't have a break, because nothing much happened in this part I am going to be updating a second part after this.

Xoxo Maddie