PROLOGUE ━ ❝the unknowing bite❞

◤ prologue: ❛ the unknowing bite ❜ ◢

prologue: ❛ the unknowing
bite ❜ ◢

JACKSON'S HEART BEAT RAPIDLY IN HIS CHEST AS HE STARED AT THE REMAINS OF THE HALE HOUSE. His mind kept flashing back to that night, where he saw the burnt remains of Peter Hale, where he saw Derek slash at his throat as his eyes turned red and he proclaimed I'm the alpha now. As he looked at the crisped leaves on the ground he's reminded again of his and Stiles' involvement, though he really didn't like the inclusion of Stiles into this.

He let out a shaky breath and got out of his car. The ground crunched under him but he tried not to think about it, or the fear in his hear that accompanied his desire to reap the benefits of a werewolf bite. It was his time to shine, like he had told Lydia. He was going to succeed, he was going to go places and soar higher than her, and she simply wasn't necessary in his life anymore. After this, he could do better than a girl who tried to influence his life. He was over people having a say in how he lived, and this bite would prove his superiority over them. He would never bow down again.

But still, that night...it made him give this a second thought unlike anything else. Seeing Lydia in that state, her still not healing even now, the hunters and Peter's burnt body...it made him think. Yet, even with that extra thought, he still ended up here. He still wanted this life, he still wanted that extra strength, that superiority - the pros still outweighed the cons, so here he was.

Standing in front of the dead Hale house with burnt wood left over from the fire, not taken with it, and the remaining exterior with nothing inside. No life, no light, just darkness and a feeling of death. But he swallowed. He was already here and there was no turning back, he was sure that Derek could hear him already out here, which confirmed that he had to do this.

He wanted this; it was his turn to shine. He should've been turned in the first place instead of McCall, but now he was going to get what he wanted. What he deserved. He was going to become a better version of himself, but he wasn't going to be selfish and keep it all for himself. No, he was going to extend this. It was what Cooper deserved, after all the shit they had been through together, and now Jackson was going to get Derek to reward him.

They were both going to be better versions of themselves, they both were going to excel and soar higher than the rest of the little humans in Beacon Hills. They had always been better than this small town, and the bite would confirm that for the both of them.

He moved forward, one foot in front of the other, until he was up on the porch staring straight at the door of the house. His hand went to the knob and he turned it, still feeling nerves run through him as his mind raced through his decision, if he should turn and go still or if he should go in.