NINE ━ ❝song of death❞

◤ chapter nine: ❛ song of death ❜ ◢

chapter nine: ❛ song of death ❜ ◢

         A GENTLE SHAKING OF HIS SHOULDER SLOWLY CLEARED THE FUZZ OF HIS BRAIN AS HE AWOKE. Peeling his eyelids open, he blinked a few times as awareness crept in, rubbing his eyes and turning to the hand that was shaking him, seeing Scott's face peering at him. He was sure his own face was contorted into one of confusion, especially seeing that in the time he had been asleep the sun had set and no one smelled particularly foul which would suggest that they went to their meet.

"What's going on?" he asked, his voice groggy with sleep. Scott's lips twitched upward into a smile.

"Hey, we're stopping at a motel for tonight," Scott whispered, a gentle motion in the wake of everyone else's loud hustling around the bus, "We gotta get up."

"Oh," he muttered, looking to the aisle, waiting for a clearing before standing up and dragging his feet towards the front before walking off. He rubbed his eyes again when a yawn tore through him, blinking around to see that their group had formed in the middle of everyone's hustle.

Reassured that everyone was there, Cooper looked around to finally notice the motel. It looked, to put it simply, like a dump, and his skin started to crawl already imaging the amount roaches that could be scurrying around in there. Cooper Whittemore was accustomed to clean hotels – never motels – with room service and live entertainment and this was the furthest thing in existence.

"I've seen worse," Scott spoke up beside him. Slowly, he turned to look at the werewolf, an unimpressed look on his face.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles asked exasperatedly.

"I'd rather kill myself than sleep here," Cooper deadpanned, watching as Scott's eyes widened at his comment.

"No! Don't – no!" he protested.

"Listen up!" Coach's voice rang, standing in the middle of the different groups formed, "The meet's been pushed 'til tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves! You'll be pairing up – choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants! Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

"Scott, you with me?" Stiles asked, and Scott nodded. He watched similarly as Isaac took a pair of keys with Boyd, and Allison grabbed a pair for Lydia. Great. The odd one out; that definitely didn't bruise his confidence.

He moved away from the group, looking for anyone else left out, finding nothing until Aiden turned and they made eye contact. "Oh no," he muttered to himself, because of course with his luck this would happen. Aiden walked towards him and while his fight or flight trigger wanted him to turn and just walk back onto the bus, he stood his ground as one-half of the alpha twin duo approached him.