SEVEN ━ ❝the dark path❞

◤ chapter seven: ❛ the dark path ❜ ◢

chapter seven: ❛ the dark path ❜ ◢

        HIS MUSCLES RELAXED UNDER THE CONSTANT PRESSURE OF HIS SHOWER, THE STEAM RISING AS THE HEAT COURSED OVER HIS LIMBS. Letting out a sigh, he relented under the warmth, the water coating him until his brain forget the events of the day. Fuck. What a fucking day. Never in a million years did he think his life would turn into what it was; a circus of running around finding dead bodies and virginal sacrifices.

         He would've laughed at that a year ago when his biggest concerns involved not understanding a single thing in his math class. Now, though, his concerned involved people fucking dying and an alpha pack being in his hometown and somehow his brother's ex-girlfriend having the ability to find dead bodies. Yeah, that's weird. But all of this is weird. Really, he goes and practices his vocal cords almost every afternoon with a middle-aged woman to see if he can make a bottle break and then if he can make her ears bleed.

         So yeah, none of this normal, and it's not just Lydia. It's him, and it's Scott, and it's Stiles because he knows about ritual sacrifices and seems too far interested in the supernatural world. Personally, if he wasn't one of those supernatural beings, he wouldn't give a single shit about everyone else. No, he would high tail it out of Beacon Hills just like Jackson, but alas he had to actually deal with this shit instead of running off to London.

         When he had decidedly spent too long in the shower, and the clocked turned to one, he turned off the water and stepped out, drying himself off before pulling on a pair of powers and an old t-shirt. He rubbed his eyes, stretching his arms out, about to climb into bed and get too little sleep when there was a knock at his window. Which – well, that had never happened before. Living on the second floor meant there was a never a knock at the window, and yet...

         Cautiously, Cooper tiptoed towards the window, trying to figure out the hell to open it and when he finally did, blinking back in surprise. "Scott? What the fuck are you doing here?"

         Scott had the decency to at least look sheepish, peering up at Cooper with those large doe eyes of his before asking, "Can I come in?"

         He nodded, stepping back to allow Scott room to climb through the window. "How did you even get up here?"

         "Werewolf abilities," he shrugged, closing the window behind himself before standing too awkwardly, his eyes darting around the room before training themselves on Cooper, cheeks going pink out of embarrassment that his eyes had been wandering.

         Taking pity on him, Cooper crossed his arms and asked, "What are you doing here?"

         "I just wanted to check up on you," the werewolf muttered, eyes now darting away from him.