FIVE ━ ❝blood in the water❞

◤ chapter five: ❛ blood in the water ❜ ◢

chapter five: ❛ blood in
the water ❜ ◢

THE LINE WAS DEAD, AND COOPER HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON AT THE BANK. His head was in his hands, trying to calm his heartbeat because the last thing he wanted was Peter Hale knowing that he was worried while Stiles tried time and time again to reach Scott. It wasn't like his attempts were going very far as every call went unanswered, upping his already high anxiety.

          Stiles paced as he tried to reach Scott and this time, neither of the other two tried to stop him. Cooper felt the need to do the same, though he stopped himself because he wouldn't be caught dead doing that. Caring about people? Yeah, not really his thing.

          "How about we just drive there?" Stiles offered, babbling on and on.

          "Drive to the bank where there are at least two moon-starved werewolves looking for fresh meat? Yeah, that means like a great idea," Cooper rolled his eyes at the notion, though he had thought the same as well. He promised Julia he wouldn't get involved in any of this shit, but that promise was becoming increasingly hard to keep now that two batshit crazy wolves were in Beacon Hills.

          Maybe Scott and Derek were already dead, maybe they weren't, he didn't know. Probably not. At least, he hoped not because those would be some hard deaths to cover up.

          Never mind that, it probably wouldn't be too hard if he really wanted to try. Stranger things had happened in Beacon Hills, especially as of late. Two deaths would be nothing! Maybe, anyway. But that didn't matter because he really just didn't want them dead. Shit was always happening in town and the last he wanted was to face them all alone – or with just Peter and Stiles.

          No, he didn't think he could survive more of him with those two. Maybe small doses. Nothing more. He couldn't handle anything more than that.

          "Well, what do you suggest?" Stiles stopped pacing, looking at him with a face of anger. He was frustrated, that was obvious enough, and Cooper couldn't exactly blame him for that. There were rabid werewolves running around town who could easily kill anything in their path – and probably would – and they didn't know if the only two people trying to stop them were even alive.

          Yeah, okay maybe he had the right to be stressed and angry.

          "I don't know, but not going to the place where we will easily be killed!" Cooper exclaimed, because he was not good at thinking under pressure. Well, he wasn't good with problem solving on a good, stress-free day either. Jackson had always been the planner, Cooper was the charisma who allowed the plan to work flawlessly even when they found problem.

          "You're a siren, you can – I don't know – siren them?" Stiles suggested.

          Cooper scoffed at him. "It's not that easy. Last time I 'sirened' someone their eardrums began to bleed and I almost killed them. Would've if Julia hadn't found me."