TWELVE ━ ❝pursuit of the rarest❞

◤ chapter twelve: ❛ pursuit of the rarest ❜ ◢

chapter twelve: ❛ pursuit of
the rarest ❜ ◢

         COOPER WAS DECIDEDLY NOT A FAN OF STILES' JEEP. Yeah, not everyone could have a car like him, but at the same time, the Jeep was literally made up of more duct tape than car at this point and didn't feel safe to drive. And yet, he was subjected to it what seemed like every single day at this point since Stiles refused taking Cooper's car and letting him drive. Something about 'driving too fast'...whatever.

"So what's our plan with Lydia?" Cooper asked as they hopped out the car, walking back inside the school.

Stiles shrugged. "She has some kind of connection with knowing where people are, so I'm hoping to exploit that."

"With the Ouija board?" Cooper eyed what he carried with displeasure. Supernatural beings, he could handle. Demonic ones, absolutely not. He did not want to think about the possibility of demons being real and possessing Lydia or anyone else – this was Beacon Hills, not an episode of Supernatural, dammit!

"Yes – we have to at least try!"

"How about this – we've both noticed that Lydia has powers connected to the dead. I'm trying to be hopeful and assume that Deaton is alive, therefore Lydia isn't going to do shit," Cooper theorized.

"Well, Miss Morrell thought she would."

"Miss Morrell doesn't know everything."

"Look, can you stop being so pessimistic? It's bringing me down."

"It's called realism."

"Well, I hate it."

"Good."

Cooper rolled his eyes. Stiles always knew how to grind his gears unlike anyone else. God, the boy was insufferable. Yeah, he and Jackson bickered sometimes, but not like this – he doesn't think he's ever had a conversation with Stiles that didn't end in a bitching match. Insufferable, honestly.

He wound the hallways, following after Stiles, looking for Lydia in every nook and cranny before finally managing to find the girl with her arm being held by Cora Hale – because, apparently, Derek Hale had a sister who was alive (not that he knew) that got locked up by the Alpha Pack before Scott and Derek freed her. Just peachy, because they needed a smaller, female version of Derek.

"Let go," Lydia tugged at her wrist, "I said –"

Now, Julia stressed that he shouldn't use his siren abilities loosely. However, Julia wasn't there, so Cooper pursed his lips together, whistling a tune towards Cora. Cora faltered immediately, letting go of Lydia and cupping her hands around her ears. Satisfied, Cooper stopped, meeting Cora's glare as she took her hands – tainted with a little blood – away from her ears.