Chapter 15

Caspian runs throughout the wing searching for Artemis. He goes up to the upper rooms not sure where she could have gone before his mind begins to wonder if she had left after stating she wouldn't. He shook his head and then took a deep breath clearing his mind. 

Artemis, my love, can you hear me?

He waits an agonizing moment before the sultry voice he was dying to hear funnels into his head. 

Yes I can my prince

Where are you?

He waits but doesn't get a response. He then remembers the last time they spoke like this and he dashed off to the place she was before. He makes it down to the stables but doesn't see any heads peaking over the stalls. 

"ARTEMIS!" 

He hollers loudly. A deep chuckle can be heard and he walks closer to a stall. His father then stands up holding out his hand to help Lady Artemis up. Caspian lets out a breath before opening the stall door as the king steps out. Caspian doesn't hesitate once again walking straight to his cloaked beauty. He cups her cheek allowing the pad of his thumb to brush over her delicate skin. She gives him a gentle smile as her eyes close on their own accord. 

"Son, she said she would not leave." 

"I'm here Caspian"

He exhales slowly as he grips her neck and brings his forehead against hers. He closes his eyes allowing their closeness to calm his jittery nerves. He then feels her soft hand grace the back of his head gently running her fingers down his hair. 

The king stands by amused by the couples fondness for each other. He shakes his head before making a quiet exit out of the stables. He begins walking back into the castle to find his own beloved. 

"Caspian, it is okay..." 

"No it is not." 

He doesn't let her continue before he attaches his lips to hers. She caves giving into the feeling only he can erupt in her.  He groans against her luscious lips and grips the back of her neck as he devours what has set his soul a flamed. He lets his mind be only consumed by thoughts of her as his lips danced against her own. 

"Caspian"

Her breathy moan encourages him to press his body more firmly to hers before the neighing of the horse causes them to break apart. Artemis is blushing profusely as she heaves trying to bring air into her lungs. Caspian can't stop holding her so close bracing the back of her neck as he looks upon her. Her face is flushed and her lips are swollen and red. He almost dives in again before giggles are heard making the couple look over the stall where they see Navene and Cass peaking over the door. Artemis abruptly pushes away causing Caspian to almost fall over. 

Navene and Cass can't help but laugh at Caspian as he tries to stand up and straighten his shirt out. He can feel his own blush creeping up his cheeks.  The couple looking all sorts of flustered as they narrow their eyes at the intruders. 

"Navene"

"Cass" 

They say at the same time in a warning tone. The young team look at each other before laughing yet again. 

"That's it!" 

Caspian says making the young ones eye's go wide as they run away from the love birds who chase after them. Everyone laughing in good content. They make it to the back side of the castle where they begin playing a game of hide and seek it seems. 

The king found his love pacing the link of their balcony. He braced his body against the door as he watches her mumble under her breath. He can't help but feel a smile tug at his lips. He pushes of the frame after a few minutes of her still not realizing he is standing there. She finally looks up to see him and takes a deep breath. He wraps her in a hug as she coils her arms around his waist. He kisses her forehead and she relaxes against him letting him release her tension.