Chapter 32

Navene focus

Navene takes a deep breath resetting his blade at-a-ready. Artemis lunges forward cutting her sword. The young man acts quickly to block the attack. Metal clashes against metal. The sound drawing all eyes to them. The two continue dueling striking at each other. The king watches on intently astonished by the precision of the two. Young Navene showing his incredible swordsmanship that could surpass some of the King's men. 

Navene turns abruptly swiping Artemis' arm causing her to hiss. Navene instantly drops his sword rushing to her. The blood soaking her arm. The king moves forward instinctively reaching for her. Artemis closes her eyes taking deep breaths as her hair begins glowing and her arm illuminating as the cut closes up. The king can't help but stare.

"What happened?!"

The bellow from behind had the King turn to see his son rushing forward. Artemis is still healing herself so she doesn't comment. Caspian quickly looks at her arm to see the blood on it. His heart pumping wildly. 

"Caspian, control yourself." 

Caspian whips to his father with narrowed eyes. His fear turning to anger. His father keeps a calm face towards his son. 

"She was injured! How could this happen?!"

Navene stands there focusing his attention on Artemis' arm feeling his stomach turn knowing he caused it. 

Don't Navene... That was a good strike

He looks up to see Artemis' eyes still closed. He steps back trying to let her concentrate while the King and Prince continue staring each other down. Artemis slowly comes back to everyone as her hair returns to normal and arm goes back to it's jet black inkling. She looks around to see the sorrow face of Navene, to the angered face of Caspian and the firm face of the King. She reaches out to Caspian making him turn to her. Cupping his cheek, she pulls his gaze to her. Foreheads connected he closes his eyes letting his emotions simmer. 

"I am okay." He pulls back giving her a look of disbelief. 

"You were sliced half way through your arm!" His emotions coming back ten fold. Artemis sighs knowing he is concerned but he can't seem to control his emotions. 

"Son, come with me." The king says lowly stepping away. He glances over his shoulder to see Caspian still standing there. "NOW CASPIAN!"

Caspian practically growls stomping behind his father. Artemis sighs a breath of relief now looking to the teary eyes of Navene. stepping quickly, she gathers him tightly in her arms. He begins to cry into her chest and shake. Artemis rubs his hair pressing his head into her chest firmly. She can feel his regret rolling off of him. 

"Navene do not be upset. You are doing well." Navene looks up to his guardian with red rimmed eyes. She cups his cheeks as she sees his doubt. "I am training you to become a warrior, I am not hurt!" 

Navene reluctantly nods while she pulls him back into her chest hugging him to help ease his mind. While Artemis comforts Navene, the King leads Caspian inside the castle shutting the doors behind them. Caspian's face hardens looking to his dad. 

"Caspian, you have to calm down." 

"She was HURT DAD!" He yells now catching the attention of the queen at the other end of the hall. The queen steps forward which captures Caspian's attention. He gestures to her still talking to his father. "What if that would have been mom?!"

The king takes a deep breath trying to keep his cool. "There is a big difference between Artemis and your mother." 

"What is going on?" The queen ask standing beside both men glancing between the two.