Chapter 54

The entire kingdom rejoiced the birth of their new princess. All joined to bring their gifts for Mira within a weeks time after birth. The queen sat in her throne next to the king with the little beauty safely secured within her arms. Princess Cassandra had made room in her throne for Navene who kept shaking his head vigorously at her. Cassandra crossed her arms and huffed making her parents smile amused at her antics. The final two seats being held by the prince and his queen. Artemis was given a throne much to her surprise. The king had ordered the seat to match that of his son's. So now she sat here amongst the rest of the royals feeling as if she truly belonged. 

All the villagers were lined up with the guards still standing at their posts with watchful eyes. Caspian making sure to remind them of the possible threat against them. They are not the only ones with narrowed eyes. Perched by the royal family is the entire pack of wolves. Vatalanie sitting between her friend and the prince. Between the king and queen, next to his new charge sat a vigilant Goliath. His eyes reading through everyone in the room. Tesara took her place next to the princess's throne next to Navene's legs. Cassandra rubbing the fur upon her head. 

"Your majesty, for Princess Mira I have stitched a quilt." 

The queen smiles down at the young woman whose head was bowed respectively while holding out the gift. It appeared well stitched and even had 'Mira' stitched in it. A guard stepped forward to take the blanket bringing it to the king. Casden held the fabric looking at the effort the young woman put into before nod at her. The woman bowed once more before walking away. 

"We wanted to gift Princess Mira with a hand carved bassinet" 

The king looks down to the dark wood that has been carved to rock a small infant. The workmanship was undeniable. This man and his wife had put much time into making it. His heart swells looking at his people who all have seemed to truly care for their newborn. The line easily out of the door. The whole kingdom wanting to help celebrate this joyous occasion. He glances to his wife who can't seem to take her eyes off little Mira. 

This went on for some time with no dismay. That is until a familiar man came to the front of the line. His eyes not on the baby nor the king & queen. The man's eyes pointedly on the silver beauty at the end. Artemis instantly freezes upon seeing the man's watchful eyes. He looks like a tree amongst all the people that surround him. His frame large and exuding power. Caspian instantly tenses seeing him staring at his love so intently. All the others notice as well making the guards cautiously step closer while Vatalanie lowers her body to the ground with her ears pulled back as a small growl emits from her throat. 

The man continues only looking to her as the king clears his throat at the unknown man. The man tense with his fist at his side and no gift to bare. It does nothing to gain his attention. The queen pulls her baby closer to her chest and glances at Cassandra who also seems to be tense. Analee's eyes then land on Navene who looks like he has seen a ghost. His body visibly shaking with a flushed face. 

"Sir, please present your gift" 

One guard speaks up near him stepping forward. The man snorts finally glancing to the king as he takes a mocking bow. Casden gripping the edge of his throne to stop from throttling the man. He waits patiently for the unknown man to state his reason for being here. It is clear that he is not here for the birth of Mira. 

"King Casden & Queen Analee... Congratulations on your new child." 

He glances down at the other end for a second before disgust crosses his face. Artemis instantly stands up from her throne making all look to her. She doesn't move but redirects the man's attention onto her and away from the blonde hair boy. Artemis finally realizing who the man is. Caspian stands up placing his arm in front of her. His mind trying to figure out the correlation.