Chapter 47

The night sky turned to the morning rise awakening the kingdom. Caspian's arms securely locked around his most beloved treasure. His hand unconsciously holding her flat stomach against his palm. Artemis can't help but bit her lip as her happiness pours out. He did not leave, he stayed as he said he would. She lifts his arm to get out of bed finding her dislodged clothing putting the dress back on. Turning back around she finds her beloved still sleeping soundly. 

She pads out of the room to find the wolves guarding the door. She hums waking stirring them before they all wake up as she continues walking. She notices that Tesara, Goliath and Vatalanie are not present. Not surprised by the first two but the last. 

Vatalanie, are you safe?

Yes Artemis, I am with the king

We are heading out if you would like to join

The guards open the doors to the back of the castle allowing her to the garden. The wolves taking off to relieve themselves. Artemis allows her feet to sink into the cold moist grass. The feeling soothing her. She has always loved being one with nature. She walks over brushing her hands over the flowers while singing softly. She does not hear when the back door opens. Vatalanie quickly coming to her side brushing her legs before taking off. Artemis smiles at her friend before turning to the door. The king slowly strolling to her. 

"Good morning your majesty" 

She bows respectfully as Casden sighs at her. He waits for her to lift before narrowing his eyes on her. 

"When will you just refer to me as Casden or dad?"

"Time will tell.."

He chuckles before walking along side her. They both continue in peaceful silence. The morning dew brushing onto Artemis' feet. She smiles down feeling it making the king glance down. 

"Are you not cold princess?"

'Not at all... It is refreshing. I used to run barefoot for the longest of times. Navene is the one to have convinced me otherwise." 

"You must have quite the stories to tell?"

"As we all do my King."

"Oh I do beg to differ, not all of us have traveled the country... And none to my knowledge at such a young age." 

Artemis smiles thinking of all the adventures she has made over the years. They find the bench in the center of the garden that no so long ago, she sat with the queen. He tosses his cape over the back of the bench while sitting down. Artemis sitting to his side while they watch the wolves run about. 

"I only remember bits and pieces of my past before becoming... this." 

She looks down to her hand. Her fingers tracing over the inkling that lays upon the length of her arm. The king watches while she tries to find her words. 

"Well, this-" He points to her arm. "does not define you. It is only a piece of the woman we have grown to care for." 

Artemis smiles gently still getting accustomed to the royals affections towards her. The silence envelops them both as they watch the sun rise over the tall bushes. The first light of the day warming Artemis' face. 

"I am still not sure of who I am" She pauses waiting for his reaction but receives none. He continues listening with his eyes closed basking in the morning sun so she continues. "For years it was just me and the wolves, then Navene became my charge... And now..." 

"Now... you have a family that cares for you,  a kingdom that adores you, and a husband that will cherish you." He peaks open one eye to see her so deep in thought. "It is a lot but I feel you are strong beyond measure."