Chapter 24

Artemis was now walking in the back gardens with her pack. The festivities have ended and the villagers have returned home. The evening sky shining brightly with numerous stars and the glowing full moon. Her eyes gazing upon them feeling the energy of the night pulsating through her. It's as if a charge dances within her veins causing her to feel alive. 

Artemis, I sense someone

Artemis listens to Vatalanie's warning and stops, closing her eyes allowing her mind to expand. Her body relaxing as she recognizes the person. Rounding the corner of one of the bushes, she finds the queen sitting near a fountain she was unaware was hidden away. The queen looks back seeing Artemis step to her and she smiles. 

"Lady Artemis, what has you strolling so late this evening?"

Artemis stands next to the queen before the queen gently tugs her hand to sit down beside her. Artemis looks questionably to the queen wondering the same about her. 

"My family was getting restless and I believe I have slept too much lately." 

"Well for all you have shown, you needed rest." Artemis doesn't comment as she feels something else here. She looks around causing the queen to do the same. "What are we looking for?"

"Nothing your majesty, I just feel something and I can't tell what it is..." Her words trail off as the queen takes her hand bringing it to her lap. That's when Artemis feels it again and she gasp realizing what it is. Her eyes unconsciously moving to the queen's stomach. 

"Artemis, what is it?"

Artemis clears her throat not sure if she should tell her queen of her discovery. The queen just squeezes her hand in reassurance. 

"Your majesty, I believe you are expecting." The queen's hand flies to her stomach subconsciously as her eyes go wide. Her breathing faltering as Artemis sits patiently. The queen chuckles and tears up while her thumb brushes back and forth over her flat stomach. 

"I'm pregnant?" The queen whispers more of a question making Artemis nod. "Wow.."

Artemis doesn't know what to do as she looks to Goliath, one of her pack members who walks up slowly to the queen. The queen watches the wolf not recognizing him. She glances to Artemis who can see her questionable eyes. 

"My queen, this is Goliath." The queen turns to the wolf who now has put his head on the queen's lap playfully licking her fingers. The queen smiles down to the wolf rubbing his head. 

"Goliath, the strong" Goliath puts his nose to the queen's stomach whimpering lowly. Artemis realizes what is occurring. 

"He is signifying his bond to the child." The queen whips her head to Artemis before looking back down to the wolf. 

"They can sense that?" Artemis nods her head as the wolf remains close to the queen. 

"They have the ability to sense much before others. He will be protective of your child the same way Tesara is of Navene." The queen smiles down to the wolf before scratching behind his ear earning a purr from him. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you Goliath." The wolf nods to the queen shocking her. She glances to Artemis in question who nods knowing her question. Her thoughts go to the king realizing she will need to tell him. Artemis can sense her change of thought and stands up before turning to the queen lending a hand. 

"May I walk you back my queen." 

"It would be my pleasure Artemis." 

The ladies link arms as the wolves continue walking with them. Now with Goliath taking to the queen's side. Artemis takes her in to the castle before they go their separate ways. The queen then realizes that Goliath is still with her. She looks back at Artemis who is already gone with the rest so she turns back to her new companion. She rubs his head before walking the stairs heading to her and the king's chambers. Opening the door, she is met with the king walking out in his night robe from the washroom. 

"There you are my love." The king walks forward kissing her before realizing she isn't alone. He looks down before looking back up to the queen with a questionable gaze. "Is Artemis aware he is with you?"

"Yes my love, he seems to feel the need to stay with me." 

"He? Do I have competition my queen." The queen just rolls her eyes at her husband's cheekiness. She walks over to the washroom removing her ballroom dress. The king watches as his wife walks away and the wolf sits at the entrance to the washroom. He tilts his head in confusion. "Was this Artemis' doing?"

The queen walks back out heading to the bed with the wolf by her side. He lays down on the floor next to the queen's side of the bed. The king climbs in still utterly confused as he waits for an answer. 

"It was not. His name is Goliath and he has become attached..." 

"Oh, well another guard wouldn't trouble me." He kisses her lips as she pulls back feeling her nerves spike not sure how he will react. 

"My king, I have news for you." Her fingers ringing together as she exhales slowly. "Goliath is not specifically attached to me... more of what I carry." 

The king's eyebrows furrow for a moment before a switch turns on his head. His eyes go wide as his queen cups his cheek waiting. He takes his hand to her stomach and she nods to him. Her worried eyes searching his as a smile spreads over his features. She relaxes at his sign of happiness. 

"We're having a baby..." It's barely above a whisper but the queen hears it regardless nodding to her husband. He leans forward crashing her to him as he kisses her hard. He pulls back after a moment confusion lacing his features again. "Wait, wait, wait... how do you know this is true?"

"Artemis told me she could sense it along with Goliath sensing it. Artemis says he has created a protective bond over our child. I believe he will want to remain with me until the baby is born." 

"Goliath huh?" The queen nods as they both turn seeing the wolf has fallen asleep next to their bed. "That's a strong name." 

"That's what I said." 

"Let us sleep my queen... we have news to announce to our children tomorrow." 

The queen leans forward kissing her husband truly grateful for the man god has blessed her with. She kisses him knowing all will be well with her partner by her side. They fall asleep within each other's embrace. 

Artemis however has paced back and forth outside Caspian's doors wondering whether or not to enter. The wolves just continue watching with their head moving back and forth following her form. After their private moment that occurred before the feast, they have not been alone. They have not spoken about it and Artemis is concerned that he may regret it. As well as, he has already fallen asleep so maybe she should take rest in the chambers the queen had given her upon her arrival. 

Her thoughts are cut off when the door swings open revealing a half naked prince. Artemis couldn't help her eyes as they slowly gazed the length of his bare torso. He is built without being overly defined. Her face heating up when she realizes what she is doing. Her eyes snap up to finding a smirking prince who thankfully doesn't comment about her ogling. 

He reaches out taking her before gently pulling her in. Caspian stands at the door allowing the wolves in before shutting the door with a click to the lock. He turns to Artemis who is still looking elsewhere making Caspian chuckle internally. He walks her over to the bed where he lifts the sheets on her side and deposits her. Artemis' eyes following him as he does so. He climbs in his side before wrapping his arm around Artemis waist encasing her to him. He brushes her hair away from her neck so he can land a soft kiss to her neck. Artemis shivers but doesn't stop him. She sighs and relaxes within his hold as Caspian heart warms knowing she is here. 

"Sleep my love, I will be here when you wake." 

"Goodnight my prince."