Chapter 6 The WerePanther I Call Mine

Chapter 6

Avalon's POV

I woke in pain. I groaned with it. Then I heard an angels voice say "Nurse, she's awake, and in pain." I tried to open my eyes but they were too heavy. I then heard the angels voice again this time directed at me. "Its alright Avalon baby, you can rest." I sighed as I felt a prickle of the needle in my arm again then all the pain fled and I slept on.

When I woke later, I managed to open my eyes with some effort. I could feel my wounds slowly closing. Jake must have braught me to a shifter hospital. No way would he reveal the secret. I looked around to see Jake asleep right next to me, holding my hand. I squeezed it lightly. His voice was the voice I had heard and thought belonged to an angel. He had brought me back to the living. I owed him my life.

As I squeezed, Jake woke with a start and seen me awake and immediately  was reaching for the nurse button. I put my hand over his and said "Not right now, I'm fine." He reached over and hugged me hard but careful of my injuries. I could care less right now. I had Jake in my arms again. My eyes teared up and spilled over. I looked at Jake and kissed everywhere I could reach on his face. His forehead, cheaks, chin, nose, and finally his lips. He kissed me back lovingly. Carefully but fulled with love and worry.

I finally broke the kiss and we rested our foreheads together with our eyes closed, just enjoying holding each other. Finally I asked the question I was dreading the answer to. "What happened with Logan? Did you get him?"

Jake's face hardened. "Is that that SOB's name? Well, as soon as he seen me he ran. I couldn't go after him because I was afraid for you so I stayed with you. I told the shifter police about him and what happened. They need to talk to you by the way. Anyway, as soon as your better, I'm going to find that SOB and tear him apart."

I started crying again. "No! Thats what he wants! For you to leave so he can finish me off then have you come back so he can finish you off! Don't leave me!!!!" Jake rushed to pull me into his arms, holding me while I cried. I hated that monster. Jake was the one I cared about most. I wouldn't be able to live without him.

"I will wait till your better to do it." He said finally. "Not a moment sooner." I cried harder and Jake rocked me. Finally I cried myself to sleep and when Jake tried to set me back on the bed and sit in the chair, I pulled him on the bed with me. Carefully he wrapped his arms around me and we both slept on.