Chapter 10 The WerePanther I Call Mine

Chapter 10

Avalon's POV

I looked at Jake coldly when inside I was screaming in panick. What if he tried to take my babies from me? I was terrified.

"Give me Madison and Jacob." Jake handed me Madison but not Jacob. I held Madison to me tightly but not enough that it could hurt her.

"He looks just like I did when I was a kid. He also has a little of my father in him. I can already tell he looks a lot like you too. And you didn't answer my question. When were planning on telling me I have a son and daughter?" Jake looked hurt and a little angry at this.

"I didn't know when I left. It was only a few days after you left that I found out." I half lied. "And anyway, how could I trust you to be there for them when you can't even be there for me." Shit! I hadn't ment for that to slip. Oh well.

"What's that supposed to mean? You do remember the reasons I left in the first place don't you? I left for you. Not because I wanted to. I left to take care of Logan. And I did by the way. Then I come home to find you gone and apperently pregnant. How do you think that felt?"

"How do you think I felt? You could have cared less that I left. You only think of me as a piece of property. You don't notice when I'm there but you freak when I'm gone. Its not a case of I missed you or I want you back. Its a case of something of yours decided to leave you and you want it back because its yours. I'm tired of being treated like a piece of property. I want to be loved and to love someone. You can't give me that so I left. Someday I'll find someone who can actually love me and let me love them back." Jake looked shocked at my admission. Several emotions passed across his face. Shock, sadness, and then stopped at anger. Somehow I knew he wouldn't let me and the twins leave.

"I didn't know you felt that way but these are my children and no matter what their mother decides, they are staying with me. Dispite what you say I can love and I love them. I will not have them taken from me."

"I never said I wanted to take them from you. But I was there for them when you weren't. I was the one who loved them when you were gone. Despite what you say, I didn't want you to leave. You could have hired someone to go after Logan but no, you left because you didnt want to deal with me and how I felt. You didn't leave to go after Logan because of me. You went after him to leave me. Deny it all you want but it all comes down to this. Can you honestly say you can love them and take care of them in the middle of the night when they cry? Can you be there for them when they start teething? How about walking and when their teenagers? Can you tell them why I'm not there? Because you took them from me. Not because I wanted to leave them."

Jake looked at me as if he had seen me for the first time. He handed me Jacob then walked out of the room. I don't know where he went but I knew he didn't leave the hospital. Then Jacob and Madison started sqirming. I held them to my breast let them feed. I looked at them. My babies and I might not be allowed to keep them. This might be the last time I held them. I looked down at them and tears ran down my face. I wasn't sure I'd be able to leave Jake now that he was back. Whether he loved me or not. But I knew I wouldn't be able to live without my children. Slowly I fell asleep with my daughter and son held tight to me.

*****************************************************************************

Jake's POV

I watched Avalon hold my son and daughter. Dispite what she said I could love. I was just afraid to admit it. I knew that if I didn't learn to, I would lose both my children and their mother. I watched as tears ran down her face. I didn't know if I could take them from her, no matter if they were as much hers as mine. But she brought up a good point. How could I tell them when they were older why their mother wasn't there. I new I wouldn't lie to them but I was just afraid that they would hate me like Avalon. I could see how much she loved them. I knew she loved me but I wasn't sure how she felt now. Maybe I killed that love trying to avoid falling for her. In the end it didn't pay off because now I did love her. So much but I couldn't force her to stay. Not if she wanted to leave. I would break off our bond. It might kill me but I would. Only one person in history had ever willingly broke their bond and it had killed the male. He had loved his mate but his mate hadn't felt the same way so he had broke it. Killed him instantly. He couldn't live without her. I looked at Avalon. She was nursing the twins and she was asleep. I walked into the room quietly. I sat in the chair next to the bed and put my head in my hands.

I looked up at her and said the words I had been terrified to say. "Avalon I love you. Please don't leave me. I couldn't live without you or the twins. I need you. Please stay." My eyes started to tear up. A single tear ran down my face and I held Avalon's hand.

Avalon's POV

I was in a daze. I could have sworn I had heard Jake tell me he loved me and wanted me to stay. I opened my eyes to look at him. He looked tormented. He had his head in his hand and was holding my other. I squeezed his hand and he looked up. "I love you." There, I said it. I opened my heart and soul and could only hope he wouldn't rip it from my chest.

"I love you too." Then Jake leaned over and kissed me. I kissed him back, careful of the twins. As he was about to sit back down, I pulled him onto the bed. He carefully crawled into the bed and curled his body abound me and put his arms around me. Then we slept.

****************************************************************************

Hey everyone, I was thinking of adding one more chapter then having the story complete. I was thinking of finishing it up. Well, tell me your thoughts.