Chapter 8: The revelation

Christopher's POV

I was awoken from my sleep, my first peaceful sleep in two weeks, by a phone call from the doctor who saved my life the day I died. He's also my professor and mentor-but that's a story for another time.

I now stay standing in front of someone who attacked my mate, not once, but twice. Safe to say, if Dr. Beauchamp didn't say anything, I would have squeezed the life out of him without a second thought. It took as much control as I could muster to prevent my wing and eyes from appearing.

I never thought one could be stupid enough to think that a doctor could have a say in the sentence they get, but then I remind myself how stupid this guy really is. Safe to say, he makes Michael Kelso look like Einstein.

I'm glad no one questioned how I moved so fast; I wouldn't know what to tell them.

I grab a chair and sit down, laying back, crossing my legs over each other and positioning my hands under my head as a cushion as I admire the black eye, I've given him. "I like the makeup, really brings out the blue of your eyes.'' I say smiling.

"What make- oh. You mean the black eye you gave me." He rolls his eyes, the pain it takes being displayed on his face, "Hardy har har you're hilarious." He growls. I just lay back and laugh. This is going to be fun, especially since I'm on the research team that deals with the phenomenon named after me. I've tried learning to control it but have only managed to last 30 seconds before the rat dies. The doctor has often shunned me for it, but he doesn't understand how hard it is to control.

Other gifted, notably those of fire, water and matter have tried bending the blood. No one has succeeded. For some reason, the gifted of water can't even control the water in the blood, they claim that it has to do with the human body not allowing them to hurt someone using their blood. Same excuse as the gifted of matter and fire. I roll my eyes at that all the time, we're able to burn and drown their organs, but we can't control the blood? Totally understandable.

I think that it has to do with the fact that it's something magical that blocks that ability.

I don't mind being the only one, even if it makes me a guinea pig in research, I get firsthand experience in the field I want to excel at.

Now on the other hand, my mate possesses it and for some reason she can control it, and like me it only showed itself when her emotions took over, like a self defense mechanism. If she had burned them the whole time, they'd be dead, and she'd be a murderer.

All that has been explained to the doctor, the only question everyone still has is how it appeared when I was 16.

No one knows.

"Where did she go?" I ask seriously this time, I have to find her, she's in danger, from Rosalind and herself. If Logan gets his hands on her, I don't even want to think about what he will do.

"I don't know." He snarls.

"Bullshit." I say, keeping my calm. "Tell me." My voice doesn't sound like my own.

"She went straight down the street, that's all I remember." He says flatly looking at the wall, his eyes lifeless, as if someone is compelling him. There isn't any gifted of command here, so that's weird. He blinks twice and shakes his head, as if being snapped out of his daze. "What the hell did you do to me?!" He screams, panicking.

"I didn't do anything. What are you talking about?" I ask, my voice sounds dark and commanding, what on earth?

"I did what you asked of me, I just wanted to please you, like now, I'll do whatever you want, your Majesty." He says staring into the abyss and then out of nowhere he snaps out of his daze and starts screaming for help.