Chapter 32: The traitor.

"Your majesty." Chandler says sarcastically. "How honored I am to be graced by your presence." The dungeon is dark so when he tilts his head back to glare at me, the blood that cakes his face almost goes unnoticed.

"Who did that?" I raise an eyebrow at him while gesturing to his bloody face.

"Guess." He drawls.

"It can't be my mate; he prefers seeing people crumble from the inside." I smirk.

My only response was a growl.

"Watch yourself." I state plainly as I examine my nails.

"Or what? You'll kill me?" He laughs. "You don't have it in you. You might be able to kill nameless demons who trigger your satanic being, but me? Someone you've known for most of your life? One of the only people who remembers-" His eyes go wide as he stares at his arm, now blistering and burning from the inside, I increase the heat and it goes from light searing to full blown fire, next thing I know, he's screaming in horror as he notices his gray arm, drained of its dark color.

"No healer can fix that. Your arm is plain ashes inside skin now." I say plainly as he continues screaming. "Now," I prowl closer, a crown of fire appearing on my brow, "let's start, shall we?" I grin and he moves back until he's sitting against the dungeon walls.

"You- You- Why?" He asks defeated as he chokes on a sob. His arm is limp at his side.

"You betrayed me, lied to me for years, and most likely knew of the attack on the-then-prince and me. What made you think I wouldn't?" I raise my brows as I make a ring of fire surround him, making no movement on his part possible.

"I didn't think that you would become like this."

"Like what?" I smirk.

"Like a Devil."

"Sorry to break it to you, but I am." And then I attack his mind.

Change

He's in a room, a black stoned room with windows opening up to plains of fire. He's in Hell.

"Daddy, why do I have to go?" He speaks in the Satanic tongue. That's when I notice a weird black circle that seems to be engulfing all light provided by the fires outside on the floor. A portal.

"It's to guard the young girl who is to be our future queen." His dad says as he dumps stuff, from toys to clothes, into the portal.

"From whom?" He asks nervously. From the sound of his small voice, he sounds to be around 5 or 6.

"People who will want to hurt the princess." His father says hurriedly as he looks for something in the drawers of a bureau.

"Why do they want to hurt her?"

"Because by hurting her, they hurt the heir."

"Oh."

His father pulls out what looks like a bracelet made of black stone, "Wear this, and do not ever take it off." He says as he kneels in front of Chandler, who nods and puts it on, his demonic aura and dark magic disappears as his skin makes contact with the bracelet. "I love you, son." The man says as he presses a kiss on his son's forehead.

"I love you too, daddy." Chandler throws his arms around his dad and hugs him fiercely.

"Her mother said that she's in a city called Montreal, there, you will see aunt Tanya and Uncle Bufford," They were his aunt and Uncle, not parents, and they treated me like a daughter. "they will protect you and the girl with their lives. Her mother will not forget your kindness." Emile says as he hugs his son for the apparent last time.