Chapter 27: Healing

"Shit." I hear Edward snarl. I look up to see him surrounded by a group of demons, I recognize a few of them from Sir Jacques memories. One with scales and yellow eyes stands out to me the most, the woman from the library.

"I'm- I'm so sorry I didn't-"

"Didn't I say that I had a meeting?" He roars. Where his bed was, a long rectangular table is situated. The rebellion, therefore, the people that wish me dead, surround it, staring at me with looks of pure hatred and disgust plastered on their faces. Edward stands at the head of the table, directly in front of me, resting his hands on the table which is covered in maps and documents. He's looking at me with a calculated and suspicious stare.

"I just needed someone to talk to." I whisper sadly.

"Why?" He raises an eyebrow and contours the table to approach me, the others gape as their master stalks towards their smilingly innocent enemy.

"Sir, she's-" A tall man with blue hair and skin as pale as snow starts. He has paws for hands, his claws are protracted as he stares at me viciously.

"Silence." He yells loud enough for anyone to stop protesting, if only Edward was as smart as them. I make sure to keep my extra shield up, god knows what type of powers these demons have.

I notice at the far end of the office, in a dark and secluded corner, a tall figure, I can only make out the shape of his arm, it's as if it was made of pure bone. It's a gartusa, I try to keep myself from teleporting out of there out of shear fear. You're the freaking future Queen of Hell, get a grip!

Edward is now towering over me. "You're all excused." He states flatly as he hugs me and teleports us out of there.

I close my eyes to keep the tears from falling, now's my chance.

Does he believe you? My mate asks.

Yes.

Amelie?

What?

Are you okay?

I'm fine.

"Open your eyes." My enemy whispers softly in my ear and I obey.

That's when I feel it. The ocean breeze. I open my eyes only to see the gorgeous and blue Mediterranean Sea. The stars are shining bright and the full moon sparkles in the dark. I can't help staring at the night sky, the darkness of it is comforting to me. "You brought me to Earth?" I gape as I look up at him.

"Yes. I felt like you needed something familiar to comfort you, so I decided that-" I don't give him the chance to finish as I wrap my arms around his waist and hug him tightly. I'm on a mission, I know for a fact that this is part of a ploy of his to get me to trust him, unluckily for him, I play along knowing full well his true intentions.

"Thank you." I sigh and he pulls me away from him to look at me directly in the eyes. I already know where this is going, and if I want my plan to succeed, I have no other choice.

Don't you dare.

It's the only way.

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met." Edward says softly as his forest green eyes dart from my red ones to my lips.

Amelie-

I don't give my fiancé a chance to finish as I crush my lips on Edward's, he reacts immediately. Snaking his arm around my waist and grabbing a fistful of my hair to keep me from leaving. My gag reflex has gotten better over the past few days.