Chapter 33: I'm drowning

"This conversation is not over." Christopher says his voice tense.

"What more is there to discuss?" I raise an eyebrow as I sit up in the bed.

"You could've gotten yourself killed." Drakon scoffs from where he's standing at the foot of the bed.

"But I didn't." I grin as I teleport next to him and give him a light pat on the back, he jumps up from my unexpected movement.

"Can one of you demons please explain how both of you have such control over your powers, as in multiple powers, while humans take years of training to master one." Tristan asks as he looks at me and Christopher with a questioning eye. "Because you, have mastered like ten in the matter of a week and at this point it's scary."

"For them it's because they are practically gods and in general it comes easier for demons genetically, we might be immortal, but our lives are always at risk." At the sound of us being immortal a pained expression crosses Tristan's features. "We're horrible and cruel beings who delight and relish in bloodshed, no matter whose it is." Bellona smirks at me as if I completely understand what she's talking about.

The worst thing is that she's right, I do. And the fact that I feel no remorse- no humanity- is what hurts me the most about being the stupid Queen of Hell.

The fact that I can't understand my emotions. And if I do, they're either confusion, anger, or amusement. But mostly, it's pain.

Pure pain.

"That's funny." I laugh. "You're one of the nicest people I've ever met." I try to hide my emotions as well as I can. Chris looks at me as if he sees straight through me. Right to the scared little girl, I once was.

I ignore him.

"I'm nice to people I like, there's a reason I'm on the royal guard, Amelie." Her dark skin gleams with a blue hue from the fire that also lights up her pink eyes, making them look purple. Her smile is nothing short of wicked.

"The royal guard is made up of only the most dangerous warriors, with the rarest of magic." Drakon adds as he gives a knowing smile to Lona, who returns it.

"Your power is ice, that's not rare." I add, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It is in Hell." Christopher adds with a roll of his eyes. "Any power that deals with Earth's elements are treasured and prized here. We have no water here, you know."

"There's a shower and a sink." I look at him deadpan.

"That's not water." He smirks and I shiver not wanting to know what it is.

"Didn't you get into the guard because of your father?" I raise a brow, trying to change the conversation.

"Yes, but ice is still a rare power." Lona adds.

"But it's not that dangerous." I scoff. "Water is by far the worst, besides fire, of course." I grin as I make a ball of fire appear in my palm.

"I am inclined to disagree." Chris adds, surprising me.

"You can drown people without so much as flinching with water."

"You can stab someone's heart without moving a muscle with ice."

"I propose something," Tristan says with a mischievous smile. "A tournament."

"A what?" Bellona asks her mate.

"A tournament. To see which power is the most dangerous. Tim

e travel, the Shield, Ice or Water"