Chapter 20: You?

3 years earlier...

"Amelie! Thanasis is here!" My mom calls.

"I'm almost ready!" It's our first date today, we've been friends for about a year, so it's not the first time we went together, alone, but today is the first time we're going as a couple.

How did I meet him you're wondering?

I met him when I was fourteen years old, we had bumped into each other at school, he was new then, so I decided to show him around. He was-and still is- the most attractive boy in our grade. I don't know how to explain it, he has this weird beauty, it just draws you in.

We became friends fairly quickly and from that moment on, we were inseparable. Jaylen and Alexandra were skeptical of him at first, but they warmed up to each other after a few bad jokes and awkward silences.

I told him I liked him last week, after crushing on him for a year, and when the color drained from his face and he was quiet for more than 10 seconds while he stared at me terrified. I decided it was a pretty obvious rejection so I decided to turn around and leave before the tears could fall. Before I had the time to walk away, he gripped my wrist, turned me to face him and then told me he felt the same way.

We both decided to keep our relationship a secret, therefore no one knows we're dating, they just think we're going to the movies as friends. I decide to put on Thanasis' hoodie, he had given it to me yesterday at school after his basketball game.

I go down the stairs a huge smile spread across my face as I notice my boyfriend, my boyfriend it has such a nice ring to it! Okay, okay, maybe I'm a little excited because I've never had a boyfriend before, so what?

"Hey b-" Thanasis goes to greet me but shuts up once he notices my father's perplexed-yet murderous- stare. He coughs, "Bamelie!" He tries to cover up but fails miserably. Luckily for my chocolate eyed boyfriend, I am a better liar than him.

"Jesus Nassi! I thought we were done acting like babies to confuse people!" I say sarcastically as I walk up to him, okay maybe not that good of a liar, but at least I tried!

He just laughs awkwardly. "Have her back by ten!" My father orders as he hugs me and shakes Thanasis' hand.

"Like always, sir." My boyfriend flashes him a charming smile and opens the door so we can leave.

I say my final goodbyes and head for the bus stop. "Um, where are you going beautiful?" My best friend asks me as he smirks.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Um, you do know that the movie theater is a few blocks away, right?"

"Why of course, and luckily for us, I have the perfect ride for our first date." He smiles as he takes my hand and starts dragging me away.

"What are you talking about?" I chuckle.

"I have a car!" He exclaims as he smiles at me like a little kid who just received a new toy.

I laugh, a laugh I only laugh with him. "You do, do you?"

"Why of course, my dear!" He smirks as he points to a black car which was parked a few houses away from my house.

"Um, isn't it illegal to drive without a legal guardian in the car when you're sixteen, with nothing but a permit?" I ask seriously, he shouldn't be able to drive by himself until he's 18, it's the law.

"Oh, come on Amy, live a little! Trust me, you'll be glad you did." He says jokingly, although there's a serious undertone to his words. What on earth does, you'll be glad you did, supposed to mean?