Chapter 30: The truth

I killed someone.

I killed someone.

Not just someone, people.

"I killed today." I state deadpan, my gaze fixed on my red dress, stained in multiple shades of different colors of blood from multiple demons, black and blue, if there's red, I can't tell.

"So did I." Christopher answers as he summons a chair that he slumps into, crossing his arms behind his head, nonchalance coating each and every one of his features.

I expected the tears to flood, the regret, the grief, any sort of emotion that showed humanity. But none came.

That made me shake. Gravely.

"Why don't I feel horrible." I spit, more a statement than a question.

"I don't either."

"You were raised like this. I wasn't." The words come out sharper than I intended, but I don't care.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He says, something like hurt shining in his eyes that are now reflecting the circle of fire around us.

"You were trained to kill, to deal with death. I wasn't. I was taught to value life, not to take it away, which makes the fact that I don't feel shit all about this whole situation so much worse." I send him a knowing look.

"You're a demon. You're the rightful queen of hell. It's normal." He says as he closes his eyes and leans back, as if this was the most normal thing in the world.

"I don't give a shit about what I am, I feel good about killing those assassins. Good. As if my body was waiting for its first kill. Tell me how that is normal." I snarl as I remember how I plunged my blade of ice into that creature, my satisfaction and enjoyment of the sheer terror in his eyes.

"It was building up inside you from that day you nearly killed Jacob, trust me, your body has been waiting for it." He grins wickedly.

"Well maybe it was."

"Mhm." The idiot has the audacity to try and take a nap.

"Sleep later. We have things to take care of." I snarl as I dump water on his head, now covered in blood. He gives me a pointed look as he tries and fails to splash me as well, instead I redirect it towards him with so much as a blink. "Stick with your mental powers, the elements are my field." I grin as I examine my nails.

"I would, but you have a shield around you."

"I'm aware." I smile down at the drenched prince.

"Now, we start the ritual." I state.

"What?" He asks dumbfounded.

"What do you mean 'what'? We would've done it tomorrow anyways, besides, they tried to kill us. Better to do it now than risk another attack."

"I don't think-"

"I don't care what you think, I'm not risking my neck because you're not ready. The plan is ruined, the ploy is over, they know. Now, get the page from the book so we can get over with this." I roll my eyes as I snap my fingers and change into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, I also remove any traces of blood from on me.

"No."

"What do you mean, no?" I see red, everything I worked for this past week, everything I sacrificed and was willing to forget to gain immortality to simply stand a chance against Edward and the rebellion, and this man has the audacity to tell me no.

"It won't work." He says flatly, although something like reluctance shines in his black eyes.

"So now you're telling me, that I worked and schemed and nearly got raped, and it won't work? Pray tell, what won't work?" I stalk closer to him, I know my eyes are amber, I know that my wings are slightly visible, I know that I want to rip out his throat because of the next words that will come out of his mouth.