Chapter 15 [Reader-Chan]

You ran away from Lili. You felt bad, she seemed nice. However you needed to get back home; To your true home. And this was the only way to do it. The bushes you were in were similar to the ones you hid in the day you arrived. That could mean that you were close by to the area you fell into. Once you reached the end of the bushes, you saw a dirt path. It faded in different sections so it was hard to keep up with it.

You picked up a handful of rocks and long sticks. You recalled your first memory of this place. In your head you were reminded of the various traps that littered the ground. The traps looked like bear traps in appearance if you remembered correctly.

It didn't break your leg, but it made it sore and hard to walk on. One would've thought that your leg would still be sore and injured. But that didn't happen. You had healed faster than normal.

Every time you saw a suspicious looking pile of leaves or sticks, you threw a stone or a stick at it. Already, you triggered three traps. It bothered you that catching hybrids was like catching a wild animal. You wondered how different things would be if hybrids and humans got along.

Would there be peace? Or would there still be problems? Hybrids from your world got along well. Yet there was a time where the differences meant acceptance or prosecution. After thinking about it, you figured that whatever world or specie is in control, there will always be anger and hatred for the other. But maybe eventually, there will be a time in that situation where coexisting side by side won't be a problem. Maybe the only thing people can do is hope that things get better from a not-so-good situation. You hoped things get better for you.

In the midst of your inner dialogue, you failed to notice a Winged hybrid following you. They watched you with confusion. You looked so smart and impressive. They didn't know there were traps until you triggered one without getting caught. How is it you were like the humans without being one? Or was that your job? Every hybrid has a job! Their job was to scout this area for any hybrids. Lately, there were none. Seeing you meant that the wild hybrids are getting smarter, or that you're just an escaped trained one. Now they could report back their owner that they spotted something.

Your ears twitched as you thought you heard something. Above you were the canopy of the trees. Enough sunlight got through so it wasn't extremely dark. But at the same time, it was pretty shaded with patches of light here and there. Mysteriously enough, you saw a single feather fall from the sky. You figured it was from a bird or Winged hybrid and left it alone.

Time went on still. And you were still by yourself. However, it wouldn't last long. Just when you thought that you had found something that related to you and your dimension, you were ambushed by multiple people.

You yelled and thrashed. The humans who caught you were shocked by your ability to speak. On your way back, they asked you questions about the woods you were in and the hybrids that inhabited it. It was like they thought you came from there. You figured that next time you meet a new human, you would keep your gift hidden. That would save time for you and them. But mostly it would just save your sanity and patience.

The Winged hybrid, whose feather you saw and ignored, stayed by your side. For some reason, you were annoyed by them while they were fascinated with you. You imagined yourself pushing them off a high place. It's OK if you did that, they'd be able to fly anyways. The Winged hybrid looked very familiar. You just couldn't place it. Was it's familiarity throwing you off? No, that didn't make sense. Was it because you couldn't figure out why they were familiar? That was probable.

Eventually, you and the group arrived back at the place where you started. It upset you that you couldn't find anything. This close. This close and nothing. You thought. You didn't know when you would have another chance to do this again. Feliciano and Kiku stuck to Ludwig like glue. They were always together. Having Kiku's and Feliciano's attention to yourself without Ludwig would be rare.