Chapter 31 [Reader-Chan]

"Sadiq?"

"[Name]?"

The two of you stared at one another. In both awe and relief. Sadiq couldn't believe it was you. As soon as he saw you, he knew it had to be you. He managed to escape from Flavio's sight—which was not easy—and came over to talk to you.

He wasn't sure how to properly gain your attention earlier. He hasn't had any contact with another hybrid here other than Hercules. He wasn't sure if there were certain gestures or phrases that were rude or not. When you were ignoring him, he got incredibly nervous. He thought he was bothering some random girl. Thankfully, you turned your head just before he was going to stop.

"I thought I would never see anyone from home ever again. Even if our interactions were as frenemies, I see you as a friend now." You said.

"You know, it's also such a relief to see you as well." He also said.

The two of you hugged. You felt like crying tears of joy over sadness. You were the happiest that you've ever been here. Sadiq felt the same. He's been through hell just to get here. He could say that he accomplished what Hercules has asked of him. He found you. And he was going to make sure he could help get all of you home.

No matter what it took.

You released yourself from the hug so you could speak to him properly. Your heights suddenly appeared normal again. Of course, that wasn't true. But the illusion of it was nice.

"How did you get here?" You asked.

Sadiq winced. He really didn't feel like telling you what happened to him and Hercules. He didn't feel like letting you know about his predicament. However, if you were here at an event full of humans and their pet hybrids, then were you...?

"I... I got here with another human. I'm... I'm..." He couldn't say the words properly. Sadiq's confidence plummeted. He was unable to say anything that was even remotely related to that word.

Even though his sentences didn't finish his thought, you still ended up understanding what he was trying to say. You understood why he had difficulty with answering the question. He was clearly like you in sense where you both denied your new labels. He still hasn't come to terms with it yet. After all, anyone would be uncomfortable—and even ashamed—with being reduced to a pet.

You know that you were.

"I get it. I'm in the same boat." You said. "And..." Sadiq's behavior made you think about your situation some more. Then, everything suddenly went to your head. All of the guilt and sadness, the regret and anger. Everything just hit you at once. It was a tidal wave of emotions, and you couldn't fully handle it. "It's all my fault... It's my fault for not listening to Hercules. It's my fault that I'm here. It's my fault that you're here too. Sadiq... I'm... I'm so sorry!"

You started crying. You leaned into him and just started crying. Sadiq was caught off guard by you. He regained himself quickly, though. Everyone has been crying near him. Hercules, Flavio, and you. Out of all of you though, he didn't mind comforting you. He preferred you out of the other two, anyways.

Sadiq pulled you into a hug. He shushed you, trying to get you to stop. He didn't blame you for feeling the way you were feeling. It wasn't your fault. Hercules and him knew that. Well, Hercules didn't blame you because was he blaming himself. Still, neither of the two of you were at fault. Of course, emotions always cloud judgment.

"Hey. Don't cry... Don't cry, [Name]. This situation isn't your fault. Hercules and I understand that. So don't cry. You're not at fault here." Sadiq held his tongue. He took in a breath of air to clear his head.