twenty one

Michael.

Calum walked her into the room, a small smile on his face as he looked to me.

"I'm sorry we tripped on you." He spoke, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was taking her anywhere"

Paige.

I watched them apologize to each other and talk for a few minutes before Calum turner to me.

"But you, ma'am need to sleep because we have to wake up very early in the morning and it's currently very late, so goodnight" Calum smiled, kissing my forehead gently as he made his way to my door, Michael hugging me tightly.

"Thank you" I spoke to him, looking to my lava lamp.

"No problem at all, get some sleep."

I laid down, trying my hardest to sleep, but I just couldn't.

I had no desire to sleep.

And what was the point in even sleeping if I was going to wake up twenty minutes after I fell asleep because of a nightmare?

So I played on my phone for a little while before I got up, and starting unpacking some of the stuff Michael and I collected.

I threw my favorite blanket on my bed, I put some of my dads shirts, hoodies and sweatshirts into my closet, I set up a few picture frames and watched a movie on my MacBook for a few minutes before I got bored.

I opened the third back, immediately being greeted with a build a bear my dad bought me for when he traveled for work.

I had completely forgotten about it, and Michael must've saw it and grabbed it, but it almost immediately brought tears into my eyes.

I squeezed the bears hand, praying that the voice recording still worked

"Hi Babygirl, Dad will be home before you know it. I love you so much and I miss you already."

I hugged the bear.

What I would do to hug my dad one more time.

One more fucking time.

I ended up opening the bedroom window, needing some sort of fresh air to breathe, but I ended up crawling out, sitting on the roof.

I watched the sunrise, holding the bear, pressing its hand every time I found myself wanting to hug my dad.

I soon heard walking in my room before I saw a head peak through the window

Luke

"The hell are you doing on the roof? It's cold." He laughed lightly

"It's pretty" I exhaled

After a few minutes, I watched him crawl through the window, joining me in relaxing on the roof.

He threw his blanket over part of my shoulders, sharing it with me.

"What's this?" He asked, lightly touching the bear.

"A piece of my dad that I had forgotten about" I mumbled, pressing the hand for him, letting him listen.

He pulled me closer, making me rest my head on his shoulder, his head laying on top of mine.

"I don't wanna face today" I told him truthfully.

"Today is the day that his body can finally rest. It's been put through make up, dressing, chemicals and cleanings- it can finally just be natural" he told me slowly.

"Today is going to be hard for you, but the best day for your dad, it's all finally over for him."

I hugged him.

We ended up crawling back in through the window, where Luke shut it.

"Don't go out there without one of us, you could slip and fall, especially at night" he spoke, giving me a proper and tight hug.

"But we've gotta start getting ready for the day."

So I got ready.

I put on a little concealer and mascara, flat ironing my hair and slipping my rings on.

I got into a black skirt with a maroon sweater, knowing maroon was my dads favorite color.

Once I was ready, I stuck my head out of my rooms door, seeing Calum in the hall brushing his teeth, still not dressed in the slightest.

So I took my shoes off and crawled into bed, hoping for a few minutes of sleep.

Calum.

I made sure my tie was secure, hearing Michael yelling about how he was starting the car.

"Okay, Paige- you ready pretty girl?" I froze when I saw her fully dressed, but asleep in bed.

"Shit- I guess she didn't sleep well last night" Ashton spoke.

"We're late- wake her" I panicked, quickly grabbing her shoes and phone.

"I don't wanna go" she whined tiredly as Ashton rubbed her back.

He looked to me as if saying "what the fuck am I supposed to do?"

"Carry her, she wants to go, shes just tired."

Without complaint from her, he picked her up.

We ran downstairs with her and to the car where we hopped into the backseat.

"Paige, you were wide awake when I was with you this morning, what happened?" Luke asked as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I just wanna take a nap"