Talk

Thought the picture was cute. XD

Mabel helped me get to the bench that's by the bus stop in front of our school. We sat on it in silence while we waited for mom to come and pick us up. I appreciated Mabel for not talking.

We waited for a few more seconds when our mom pulled up. Mabel opened the back door and gestured to me to get in. She stuck her head in the car. "Some girls ganged up on Dipper." The way she said it made me sound pathetic. And really guys, lets be real here. I am pathetic. 

"How bad is it?" "Uhhhhh pretty bad. But don't worry. I'll fix him up when we get home." My mom looked back at me and gasped. "And some girls did this?" I nodded. My mom sighed. "Mason sweetie. You need to stand up for yourself. If a few girls were able to do that, then I think you need to spend more time actually socializing like your sister then having your nose in your journal. Ever since you came back from Gravity Falls that last summer, you guys have been talking about gnomes, demons, and portals." My brain went into panic mode. "You heard that?" She started the engine. "You don't know everything about me. The point is kids, I don't know if it's safe up there. You guys seem to avoid anything in a triangular shape. And you eat your Doritos very.. aggressive." 

Mabel laughed nervously. "Look mom, were fine. It's totally safe up there. Grunkle Stan just likes to play games with us. Kind of like Dipper's nerdy fantasy games." "Whatever you say. But if this behavior gets worse, I'm afraid you guys won't be able to go down again. You promise you'll stop?" 

You know those moments when someone says "promise?" and you can't get out of the situation unless you say yes? But you know you won't be able to keep the promise? Well that was me and Mabel. 

"Yes." me and Mabel said at the same time. 

When we got home, Mabel helped me to the bathroom where all of our first aid stuff was. "Sit." she gestured to the toilet and I sat down. "Now. Tell Nurse Mabel who did this to you and Nurse Mabel will turn into 'DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M LIKE WHEN I'M MAD?!' Mabel." "I chuckled. But I didn't want to tell her. That would just make her life harder if Clara hated both of us. "No one you should be worried about." "Oh come on Dipstick! Just let me help you! I wanna kick the butt of whoever hurt you!" She kept on bothering me to try to get me to tell her who beat the crud out of me. She did it until I snapped. "It was no one okay!?! Just leave me alone!" she backed off. "O-Okay Dipper." 

The rest of the evening was silent. When it was time for bed I was almost tempted to pull an all nighter. I could keep myself entertained all night and then go to school the next morning. Then I realized that would be stupid. I'd be so tired I would fall asleep in first period. I looked at my messy un-made bed like going to sleep was the worst fate possible. Reluctantly, I climbed into bed. Band-Aids and all. After a while, I heard Mabel say "Goodnight Dipper. Sweet dreams." 

I just hoped she was right.