Puppet Strings

Why I named this chapter Puppet Strings? I have absolutely no idea! Lets just roll with it now shall we? I wanna try to make this a not filler chapter. Sorry if it sucks. XD

Its Dipper here guys.

I actually slept good last night. Almost no dreams. Which felt really good. I didn't wake up until twelve in the afternoon. Which honestly, made me worry. I don't like sleeping in that late cause it feels like I've missed most of the day and not that much time to do what I feel. But I ignored it. I got up, took a shower, and got dressed. Then I went downstairs and saw Mabel cuddling Waddles whom she had brought from home. (I'm so sorry. I forgot about Waddles. XD) 

Mabel looked at me and grinned. "Look who finally decided to wake up." I rolled my eyes. "Ahhh shut it. Now, can you tell me what you ate this morning so I can get some food?" She nodded. "No problem. Well first I woke up at five in the morning cause I couldn't sleep-" "I asked you what you ate. Not what you did when you woke up." "I'm getting to that. Anyway, I dug in my suitcase and found my smuggled in stash of Smile Dip and-" "You smuggled in Smile Dip?!?" "Oh shut up. You knew it was going to happen anyway. Now, then I ate a package and then the next few hours were a blur. Then I woke up and drank Mabel Juice." 

I just stared at my sister. "So your telling me you ate Mabel Juice and Smile Dip for breakfast..." "Yuperoo!" "Oh goodness." I decided to skip breakfast today because... Well that information I wouldn't want to share but its a whole other mental thing. ANYway, me and Mabel decided to go out into town and see all of our friends. I just tagged along with Mabel because I don't really have any other friends besides Pacifica, Wendy, Soos ect. You get the point. 

We walked around town for a little while and talked to Mabel's friends. Hugs and tears were exchanged and eardrums were almost burst by Grenda's screaming. Then we headed back to the Shack. I went and found Ford. "Hey um.. Grunkle Ford? Can I uh.. Talk to you?" "Sure Dipper! What do you want to talk about?" I cleared my throat. "Can we talk somewhere more... private? Like the lab downstairs?" the lab was still there and you could tell. Me and Ford walked down the stairs behind the vending machine until we reached the room at the bottom. There were wires hanging from the ceiling everywhere. 

"What happened here?" Ford chuckled. "It looks like this place hasn't been taken care of after me and Stanley left." I nodded. "Be careful Dipper. These wires are really long and you could get tangled up in them really easily." I nodded. We crawled through the mess of wires and I thought about what I was about to do. I was really nervous and on an empty stomach, it was worse. But I ignored the hunger and continued walking. 

What if there was nothing Ford could to do help me? What if he thought I was an idiot? Then again, he had gone through more or less the same thing. He could help. 

I was too focused on the thought that I didn't realize I got caught in one of the wires until I couldn't move. I struggled to get out of them but they wouldn't budge. I started to panic. Suddenly, I wasn't tangled up in wires anymore, I was tangled up in puppet strings. That freaked me out even more. The scene changed to an empty stage with a crowd that was barely visible My brain convinced me that this was a hundred percent real. This was happening. I tried to struggle but I wasn't moving. I started to do things I didn't want to do. Like fall on my face, dragging my fingers on a chalk bored, and peeling my own skin from my face. Everyone in the non visible audience was laughing at me.

I wanted to scream. To tell someone that I was in trouble. But I couldn't. The strings dug into my skin and made cuts that bled real blood. My blood. Forks were sticking out of my arms and Suddenly, the puppet strings were cut. Releasing me from this prison. They turned back to wires and I saw Ford looking over at me with a sharp knife. "Dipper are you okay? You were screaming!" I looked at my arms and felt my face. No blood anywhere. The whole thing must have been a dream. 

But it was terrifying to think that with Bill, this could become a reality. I could actually be tangled up in puppet strings. I took a deep breath and wiped away the tears that were coming. This time, Ford stayed close to me as we forged together through the jungle of wires. 

When we got to a clear area, we both sat down. "Now, what did you want to talk with me about?"