Parlay part one

The road was tiring but before long the party reached storms end where lord Renly Baratheon had fled uprooting an army of loyal supporters who declared him king over his rightful brother. Their was no question in the people's eyes now the boy did not have right to the throne but non could agree on who did, the North believed they had cause to break off proclaiming a king. As had those who knew the throne should fall to the late kings next in line, his leaving only bastards and a lone daughter they proclaimed Stannis their rightful king. Her uncle however was an unlikable man who had little friends and fewer supporters, So many thought their should be a skip in line and proclaimed Renly king. Then there were those to afraid to oppose the bastard of Lannister and proclaimed him loudly their king in the streets and only in their own head would they admit he held no right. Then came Joanna the rightful heir. And soon all should know who to truly proclaim Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

As they approach the edge her uncles camp with stark banners flying they are meet by Renly's men stopping them for weapons before they may continue and be brought forth to the self claimed king. Lady Stark carrying no weapons is let through as Joanna disarms herself. Pulling knives and swords off her body she leaves all but her prized corset dagger behind. Once she is a stone lighter she makes her own way into the camp coming onto lady Stark and her uncle stood together though it is not a warm welcoming she finds. Her uncle stands armed his hand on his pummel and a shout to his voice. "You dare to ask company of me after what you have done to my blood? You are lucky I don't strike you down where you stand my lady!" His voice his firm and sure not one she had ever heard coming form her youngest uncle, the man she spent her childhood laughing and playing with. Betting and plotting . No this was a man she hadn't meet before. "I have no idea what crime you mistake me for my lord. The Starks have only ever had friendship with house Baratheon." Lady Stark held her ground utterly confused of what she was being accused of. "You thought word would not reach Storms End? Of how you slay my niece hardly yet more than a babe, for your husbands death though she stood a guest in your walls?!" He growls tugging ever so slightly on his sword in his anger. His men seeming to be at the ready. "Where did you hear this information uncle?" Joanna calls from the back her voice carrying. As the crowd parts there is a gasp. Setting sight on his niece for the first time since reading of her grouse death Renly couldn't hold himself to any of the expectations of a lord or king he drops his hand and sets off running to the girl pulling her tight into his embrace. "I thought you were lost to me. The only family I ever truly loved as my own." He breaths into her neck crushing her with the hug. "Uncle the Starks have been nothing but kind to me even in their grief. Who told you other wise?" She questions softly hugging back happy to see him too. Pulling back Renly looks at her with a confused glint. "I received a Raven. The letter had a stark seal and was signed king in the north Rob Stark. He wrote of how he slay you in kings justice for the death of his father. How your body was left to turn to bone and thrown to the wolves to chew on." He recites the letter his anger returning to him at the thought. "Lord Stark would never believe that to be justice uncle. I In no part was involved in his fathers death and he knows this we are friends." She explains cooling him once more. "May we see this letter?" Lady Stark speaks up Joanna nodding her head in agreement. "Yes, yes it is in my tent. Come." Renly invites shaking his head slightly at the shock that still lay in seeing his beloved niece he believed to have been long dead. Catliyn, Joanna, and Renly walk to his tent a large woman meeting them there. "Your grace." She bows her head opening his tent for him to step through and Eyeing the woman down as they steeped trough.
He walks across to his desk opening the top draw and pulling out a rolled letter the seal broken but still visible enough. Lady Stark gasps and Joanna Shakes her head. "This is an official seal of house stark! Who could have sent this if not us?" The king in the north's mother cry's out not believing her eyes but Joanna has her own suspicions. "Lord Stark was hand of the king he lived in kings landing he sent letters from his office by his own house seal did he not?" She questions the room but Renly Shakes his head. "He had to use the seal of the hand." He explains but this does not deter Joanna. "Yes on official matters, not personal!" She protests back turning to lady stark who is pale and nodding. "Eddard had brought a seal from home he would send letters back to Winterfell with it. But it is against mans law to use a signal of another house." Joanna scoffs. "The bastard king has no care for mans law. He has shown that to me before." She rubs at her scar thinking back to the horrid night that caused her night terrors her father had sworn her to Secrecy and for what a son that was not of his blood. "It could be true, Tywin would plan such an event to divide his enemies have them fight themselves." Renly nods beginning to believe the conspiracy unfolding before him. "Then unite and blow his plan In his face the North and the Baratheon's as one." Joanna commands her voice that of the future Queen. "The late lord Eddard told me before his tragic demise that the south would never back me as I have no claim to the throne, does his boy, this king in the north think any different?" Renly questions seeing merit in having the north at his side , his brother had conquered the throne with a stark by him once before they would continue the tradition. "No uncle they see no claim but the rightful one. I am my fathers soul true born child. I alone am heir to my fathers throne." She states boldly. "You are true born this is truth but you are no heir Joanna." Her uncle dismisses calmly not even taking time to hear what she had to say. Joanna clenches her teeth in anger. "If I were born with a cock between my legs would you question it Lord Baratheon. That is what you prefer is it not!" She japes at her uncle with a knowing look. Lady stark gasps loudly above that however is her uncles deeper chuckles. "Your fathers mouth for sure little stag." He smiles fondly using her fathers names for her. "If you can take and hold the lands you feel are yours by right then I stand by you. My queen." Her uncle vows bending the knee to his niece his arm held cross his chest and head bowed. "Thank you uncle I knew I would have you to count on." Joanna calls down to the kneeled man. "Rise" she commands.
"And just as that you will serenader the right you believe you have and to a lady?" Catelyn is taken by surprise she knew not a man who would bend the knee to a woman it was unheard of in the history of the seven kingdoms her son had wanted to but she knew it was for love. Renly stands a wide grin over taking his features. "The seed is strong, Joanna Baratheon is her fathers daughter through and through and she is right non would question if she had been born of the other gender. I believe it is time for this land to finally see a great queen rule."