31 ⚔️ Lies

Someone kicked her rib. Hard.

Startled awake, the first thing Xiaoyu noticed was that she wasn't in her own bed.

She was lying on the cold hard ground instead. Pushing herself up into a sitting position, she observed her surroundings and noticed that she was inside a dusty and unfamiliar room. To be precise, a storage room. There were many training weapons – bows, arrows and wooden swords – stocked in this wooden shed.

Where was she?

Was this place still a part of Leader Xu's manor?

More importantly, Xiaoyu should be in her room at this time. If Zhijian or Leader Xu discovered her missing, she was going to be in a lot of trouble.

Sensing a presence in the room, her body stilled. There was a shuffling movement behind her, followed by a voice.

"You're awake."

Xiaoyu rolled to her feet and swivelled around to meet her abductor, who turned out to be Liqing. The same girl who was infatuated with Zhijian for a long time but her feelings were never reciprocated.

With a sly smile on her face, the girl glanced at her balefully.

"I assume that you had a good sleep? You didn't even wake up when we moved you to this place. It was a good thing that the sleeping drug worked so well," she smirked.

Xiaoyu was drugged? Since when did it happen?

And...we? 

Was the servant in cahoots with Liqing again?

The girl grabbed a wooden sword from one of the crates and swung it around casually. When she grew bored of it, she tossed it aside with a loud clatter.

She placed her hands on her hips, her brows furrowed. "I told you this before, didn't I? You don't belong with us. The sight of you getting too comfortable living with us sickens me," she scorned.

Her eyes gleamed maliciously. "By hook or by crook, I'll force you to leave today."

Xiaoyu felt the blood in her veins freeze. From the sinister expression on Liqing's face, whatever that she had planned in mind was definitely something that Xiaoyu wasn't keen on finding out. She definitely needed to get out of here as soon as possible.

Backing away from her abductor, she tried to escape through the doors but her path was blocked midway.

"You can't leave," Liqing hissed at her. "You can't ruin my plans."

Plans? What plans?

Liqing glanced towards the small window and watched as the soft and subtle morning rays poured into the room. Her head nodded in satisfaction at the present time.

At the same moment, there were voices coming from outside the room. They gradually grew louder, seeming as if the people were getting closer to the room they were in.

"They are here." Liqing took something out from her sleeve – a dagger. Her lips curled into a conceited smile.

"Shall we get started?"

Without any warning, she slit her own arm.

Xiaoyu's jaw dropped. She gaped in disbelief at the girl's absurd display at self-harm and watched as blood trickled down her arm.

What had Liqing done to herself?!

With the intention to stop the bleeding, Xiaoyu started moving towards her but it seemed like her action was exactly what Liqing wanted her to do.