Chapter 29: The Evasive Ye Qiu

Summary:

Summary:

Are you really sure that nothing happened? You said you were drunk. You don't remember anything, do you?

Notes:

I already typed some of the dialogue's in here last night but I didn't have the time to finish it. I was busy with my research journal recently and I just sent it to my research adviser earlier. Hope it will be published and that no revision will be needed. Pray for me! lol.

Chapter Text

Happy Internet Cafe. A jade-like slender hand gently pushed open the door of a poorly lit storage room. Despite the mess and dirt inside, confronted by the familiar minty tobacco scent made the person comfortable. Seeing the thin man lying on the old bed peacefully, the owner of the hand quietly removed her low-cut black leather boots. She tiptoed on her way to the bed, making sure not to wake the man up. She warily lay beside him. Sliding her hands around his waist and resting her face in the crook of his neck, the girl closed her eyes and comforted herself with the scent of the guy. Slowly, the turmoil within her heart caused by the ruckus that had happened recently subsided as she waited for him to wake up.

After the Spring Festival, Ye Xiu’s work and rest schedule had been slowly changing to a normal person’s. Before, he had to stay up all night because he had to take up the night shift. But now, he only had to focus on the game, it didn’t matter whether he played during the daytime or during the nighttime. With his self-proclaimed manager’s frequent shouts and his girlfriend’s reminders-saying that left a sweet taste in his mouth-, he would probably be heading towards a healthier schedule.

Ten in the morning. Ye Xiu woke up feeling a warm stream of air on his neck. His body stiffened but as soon as he smelled the sweet familiar scent of the person lying beside him, the uneasiness was replaced with a confused but blissful smile. He opened his eyes and saw his dream willingly delivering herself on his arms. He gently pinched the white bun face of the human-shaped pillow inside his embrace.

The pillow talked in a slightly raspy muffled voice, unintentionally tickling him with her breath, “When you want to confirm if you’re in a dream, isn’t it a normal thing to pinch oneself? Why are you pinching me instead?”

Ye Xiu burst into deep hearty laughter as he cuddled her closer to him, “What's wrong that you suddenly visited me willingly?”

“I just...missed you.” Li Chunhua was not the kind of girl who would initiate flirting even with her man. She was definitely not feeling like herself today.

Ye Xiu sighed, “Is it because of yesterday?”

The girl didn’t respond for a long while. Ye Xiu even thought that she was crying when she suddenly pulled away and shouted, “That Wang Sheng! I will skin him alive!”

“He's just doing his job as the Excellent Era’s PR representative…” Ye Xiu laughed at her.

“Things already came down to this and you're still protecting them?!”