Its not her birthday!

Friday night dinner at Richard and Emily's house.
Maid 16: Hello?
Lorelai: Hi my name is Sara and these are my sisters Dara and Lara do you where Emily and Richard are?
Maid 16: Yeah they are here. Why don't you come on in.
Rory: thank you.
Emily: Hello girls.
Maid 16: Let me take your coats, Sara, Dara, and Lara.
Lorelai: Um... no, my name so Lorelai and these two are my daughters Rory and Blair.
Emily: After tonight's over you are fired.
Maid 16: what?
Rory: (rolls eyes) seriously Mom you are going to get her lose her job.
Lorelai: (huffs) Fine. mom I told her those were our names.
Emily: (gives a stern look to her daughter) I see, you're still going to be fired after tonight's dinner.
Blair: Grandma wasn't that a little harsh. She didn't deserve that.
Emily: She was doing a terrible job before your mother got here anyway.
Rory: (tried to change the subject! Hi grandma and grandpa. How are you doing?
Emily: I doing well, what about you?
Rory: This week was exhausting, but I am glad school is almost over two more months.
Blair: (Beaming)For me this week was amazing, because I got my very own room.
Emily: That's nice.
Richard: Drinks anyone?
Emily: yes the usual for me.
Lorelai: same.
Rory: water.
Blair: pick lemonade.
Lorelai: ohh switching it up. I like it.
Blair: (smiles) thanks.
Richard: (hands then the drinks) girls here are your drinks.
Rory: Thank you grandpa.
Blair: Thanks grandpa.
Richard: (Hands Lorelai and Emily got drinks)
Emily: So any big news from early this week?
Richard: Yeah, Lorelai why were you here early this week.
Lorelai: I was getting stuff for Blair's new bedroom for her .....(takes a sip of her drinks) Birthday.
Emily: It was your birthday this week. (Turns to Lorelai) why didn't you tell us!
Lorelai: um... I don't know you never asked when Blair's birthday was.
Emily: I do to ask when is my granddaughter birthday is.
Lorelai: (Looks at her youngest) Can we just step in the hall of you want to talk more about this or can we please talk about something else.
Richard: Happy Birthday Blair!!
Emily: Well I am sorry Blair, that we missed your birthday.
Blair: Thank you Grandma, Thank you Grandpa.
30 minutes has passed with talking and drinking.
Maid 16: Dinner is ready.
Emily: Blair isn't this your favorite meal?
Blair: Actually this is Rory's favorite dinner meal.
Richard: and what is your so we know to tell the chef next time.
Blair: I love pizza casserole!
Emily: (looks at Lorelai in a disappointing way because she wants her granddaughters to be healthy) What is a pizza casserole?
Blair: Me and my friends made the pizza casserole one time and it was delicious. My friend Vanessa's parents have a restaurant in Star Hallow.
Richard: Luke's diner, right? Luke seems like a fine young man.
Blair: Actually they have their own restaurant and it works out fine for the town because Luke's is causal eating and The Treehouse is more formal and whee all the business meeting and private events like my birthday party was.
Rory: Their food really good, because Sookie cooks there at the night after she leaves the Inn.
Emily: Richard, we should try their food sometime I think I overheard something about The Treehouse from someone.
Richard: I think is was Alison, who went there. 
Emily: So Rory how did you like the food?
Rory: it's good. Thanks for making it.
Emily: Oh, I have something for you....
(Left the table to get it)
Lorelai: Ohh.... I wonder what it is. Emily: I'm so sorry Blair if your mother told me it was your birthday I would get you something too.
Blair: (smile turns into a frown)
Rory: Grandma you didn't need to get me something.
Emily: Don't be silly.
Rory: (opens the presents) oh looks some news books on my each decade from the 20s to the 50s. Oh there is more....  some music sheets.
Blair: (mumbles) of course. She got it for Rory.
Emily: Blair.
Blair: (angry) Well....
Lorelai: Baby.. lets not say anything you will regret.
Blair: (stands up) NO! I will say whatever I want to say! And I don't need to be here for Friday night dinners because my tuition is being funded from the MUSIC department. 
Richard: We're sorry Blair, we didn't know.
Blair: I like to hear it from her. 
Emily: I'm sorry Blair I didn't know that you were a big fan in the music department there. 
Blair: Well it is a little too late. And you could of also ask when it's my birthday, but you only care about Rory right the only person.... (cut off by Lorelai)
Lorelai: how about dessert everyone?
Emily: I think it's pecan pie your favorite right, Blair?
Blair: No it is not! It's for favorite! All you care about is Rory and it is not her birthday! (Left the table) Goodnight.
Lorelai: I'm going to go with her because I'm her ride. Bye dad, bye mom.
Rory: bye grandma, bye grandpa.
The car ride was silent all the way back to star hallow. Lorelai ask Blair how she was feeling when they got home.
Blair's bedroom
Lorelai: how are you doing? Do want to talk about it?
Blair: I just sick of people comparing me to Rory or just ignoring me and only think that Rory is the one that really matters. 
Lorelai: You're will always matter to me more than anybody in this whole universe.
Blair: really? Even more than Rory?
Lorelai: yes, we're going to be stuck longer because I don't ever want you to leave me. I might have to glue us together so that you will never leave me.
Blair: (giggles) stop.
Lorelai: See look at that smile, who doesn't want to be stuck with you.
Blair: Mom?
Lorelai: Yes baby.
Blair: Can you sleep in here, with me tonight?
Lorelai: Yeah.
Blair: I love you, mom.
Lorelai: I love you too, baby.
They fall asleep on Blair's bed.

End of Chapter Seventeen
Stay tuned for chapter eighteen, for Christopher return, Emily comes
to Star Hallows for the day, another Lorelai, and lastly some big changes for Blair.