CH-6

CHASE'S POV

I almost lost my hearing thanks to my new ride. Man, I'm gonna have to engine swap that, because that 8.0L 4 Turbo W16 is just too loud. I think I'm gonna have to settle for a V6 TT or something like that.

Anyways, when we reached home, I saw Everest and Marshall dash instantly towards his pup house. So, I asked Skye to come to my house, just to talk, because we haven't had a decent talk in like forever.

When we got inside my pup house, she instantly notices something. I had a book called favourite memories, which caught her eye. "Hey what's this?" She asked me. "Oh that, that's just a book of pictures of all my favorite memories, from being born to here. You can check it if you want." I told her as I went to get us a snack and some water.

SKYE'S POV

I opened the book, to see what it was all about. I decided to check it from the start, to see what he looked like. The first picture was of Chase when he was born. Oh my god. He looked So Cute. I went through some more pages, until I came across a page that was kind of wrinkly, like it had been dried a long time ago after being soaked.

I looked at the picture, and understood why. It was of Chase with his Mom and Dad. They looked like they were having so much fun. It was a bummer that they died.

Then, Chase came back from the lookout with a few pup treats and some water. "Thanks for the treats." I said as I hugged him. He smiled.

CHASE'S POV

I took a look at the page that she had opened, thinking it was something good. But what I saw, brought tears in my eyes. It was a photo of me with..mom and dad. I tried my hardest to fight back the tears, but couldn't.

"Umm..Skye, can you excuse me for a minute? I think Ryder's calling me." I lied. She nodded. I walked outside, and hid behind the big tree on the field, and laid down, letting my emotions flow as they wanted to.

SKYE'S POV

I knew he was lying, but I wanted him to have some time to himself. After all, he just saw probably the most emotional picture of his life. I just laid down in his pup house. Man, there was a lot of room in there, well, because he was about twice as big as me.

I continued to look through the pictures, and came across some recent ones. Like, of his birthday, and of him with little hootie. Then, I came across some that made my heart beat faster.

I saw a bunch of pictures of him with me. Friendship day, something in the winter, and us playing tag. I still remembered that one. We almost kissed. And it looked like we really wanted to.

I was a little surprised to hear Marshall's voice. "Hey Skye. Have you seen Chase?" "I don't know, he's been missing ever since he saw his old picture with his mom and dad." I told him. His smile slowly dropped.

"Oh no. That's bad. Really bad." He said, looking really worried. "Why?" I asked him. "He has PTSD. Quick! We need to find him." Marshall said as he ran out calling his name. I followed him.

I eventually heard quiet sobbing coming from behind the big tree. "Marshall he's here, c'mon." I called him. We ran to the tree. And, that's where he was.

He was laying on the ground, face in his paws, and completely crying. I felt really bad for him, since he's been through a lot for the past few days. I decided to sit next to him, and petted him with my paw, to calm him down.

"Why? Why them? Why not me? Take me instead. They were a lot more useful than me. I just lie around crying all day. Why did you kill them?" He said in his quiet voice.

"I'm sorry Chase. I shouldn't have opened that book. I didn't know that you had PTSD." I apologized because I thought it was my fault." I told him. "It's okay Skye. I'll be joining them anyways." He said as he brought his claws to his neck, and was about to kill himself.

No. Just, no. I couldn't let him kill himself. I felt really bad for what I did to him next. I slapped him on his face, which made him snap out of it.

"Chase, you are not going to kill yourself. You hear me?" I scolded, still feeling like a monster. "You think I don't know how you feel? Well, surprise surprise, my parents died too. They left me home and went trekking, where they were killed by eagles. I know exactly how you feel Chase." I told him.

"Thats what you think Skye." He said, his voice cracking. "You think you know how I feel, right? Well, what did you say? You're parents were killed by eagles when they left you home and went trekking. At least they weren't killed right in front of your own eyes and you were just standing there, not being able to do anything. That's what happened with me." He said, as he continued to cry.

I looked at Marshall. He nodded and said, "Yeah Skye, his parents were killed by a grenade right in front of his eyes, and he still thinks that it was his fault."

Okay. Now I felt really really bad. "I'm sorry for losing my temper Skye. I guess you've also been through a hard time." He apologized. "Yeah, me too. Sorry for slapping you." I said as we 3 joined a group hug.

"I think Everest is calling me." Marshall said as he ran back to his pup house. Why was Everest in his pup house anyways? Oh who am I kidding? I've slept in Chase's pup house so many times, and I've probably kissed him a billion times.

CHASE'S POV

Wow, She really knows how to cheer someone up. These past few days have just been too much for me. I looked at the time, and it was around 4. "It's time for lunch. Ready to go?" I asked them. "You bet!" They said as they stood up and we walked back to the lookout. Now, there was one question in my mind...

When would I ask Skye?