XV

A few hours later, the rider crossed the border from Solennes Jubar to Fortis Crystallum

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

A few hours later, the rider crossed the border from Solennes Jubar to Fortis Crystallum. I marveled at how every kingdom in Caeleste managed to distinguish themselves from one another. The change between Solennes Jubar and Fortis Crystallum was no different.

Solennes Jubar had more of a withered environment, filled mostly with vast dry terrains. The only source of life in that kingdom was the forest that connected each border. Once on Fortis Crystallum, everything seemed to glimmer with vivacity. Evergreen shrubs lined the royal roads, and when the vermiculo shone down at them at a specific angle, they held a faint iridescent sparkle.

It all seemed so dreamy. I wish my people could enjoy this view for the rest of their lives. Instead, they had to live in terrible conditions. It wasn't even the average in Caeleste. Even Solennes Jubar, which was the poorest kingdom in the land, was much better than my own home. It was but a cruel joke.

Terra Venuste worked differently than Caeleste, and the results showed it.

If only I could implement better ruling in The Allicere while strengthening Potentia Flamber, then I could bring two kingdoms to the top. The Universe would be astounded at such a thing, but a good ruler goes a long way.

One day, hopefully soon, I'll rule beside Queen Antonella and bring greatness to both Caeleste and Terra Venuste by raising Potentia Flamber and The Allicere to the very top.

King Rasmus believed the royal wedding would never happen, and Queen Antonella had broken our engagement. I didn't think it that way, so I expected a wedding by the time the war was over. All the gruesome parts of it would be in the past, and a wedding would be just the thing to make the people forget about something so tragic.

I hoped Antonella reconsidered her role in the war. If not, her kingdom would fall, and so would my chances at being a great king. It meant destruction in more ways than just structurally.

Regardless, I knew it wasn't my part to think such selfish ideas. The kingdom I intended to marry into was under attack. All surrounding kingdoms were pinpointing it, attempting to get Queen Antonella out of her throne. If I were king, perhaps the other kings would try to work with me to resolve the issue. However, poor Antonella was on the throne; a young woman who had no idea how to fight. A war was evident to be disastrous.

"My Prince," the rider spoke up from the front. "May I ask what was so urgent at Fortis Crystallum? I am thinking up what to write on the report to Potentia Flamber."

I looked down at the half-open scroll on my hands. I didn't even bother to tie it up again. I re-read its contents to the point where I knew it word for word.

As much as I respected King Rasmus, I still held onto hope that I would marry the ever graceful Queen Antonella Feulune. Hope wasn't lost yet.

"King Rasmus invited me for a toast. He felt bad about the royal wedding cancellation. I'm sure we won't be there for more than a couple of hours. We should be gone by the time the vermiculo sets."

"Alright, Your Highness," he tipped his hat, and continued driving the raeda. "I'm sure the queen wouldn't mind you having a talk with her rival like that. After all, it's just a man to man thing. Nothing related to the war."

"Of course not." I chuckled. "The war is a debacle between those in the highest of powers. I am not king, therefore I have no part in this. All I wish to do is help Queen Antonella feel better about her situation and help as best as my title lets me."

"You know, my Prince, that girl is very fortunate to have you, eh. You're one of the good ones. I have no doubt in my silly, old brain that you'll be a great king."

"Thank you, sir. That's very kind of you."

He tipped his hat once more, and the raeda was once more filled with silence. I looked down at the scroll in my hands.

King Rasmus did want to share a toast with me, but I'm sure his intentions were far from good. He was planning something, and I had a feeling this war would start faster than anyone expected.

"My Prince, we are at the entrance of the palace," the rider announced.

I looked out the window, marveling at the tall structure. It was just as grand as Queen Antonella's. The gate was opened by trained guards, who seemed to be expecting our arrival, and let us inside.

I will always remain starstruck at the incredible structure in front of me. The building was done in such a way that it provoked a sense of authority. Anyone who dared see the palace knew that a supreme figure lived there. It asserted dominance with the right amount of elegance. The essence of a true king.

The raeda parked in the driveway, surrounded by other high-end raedas. The rider went over to my door, and opened it for me. I thanked him for the safe trip as a line of guards greeted us.

"Prince Mahli Scaevus, our king was expecting you. He is busy at the moment, but he urged you, and your rider, to have some tea in the meantime," a guard said.

"Well, of course. Thank you so much for your hospitality."

"The maid will lead you inside." They all bowed before me, and marched back to the palace entrance to do their jobs.

"Welcome to Fortis Crystallum," the maid received us. "Right this way. I prepared peach tea for you, Your Highness."

"That is exactly what we needed after that trip. Thank you, miss," I said. She blushed, and led us inside.

"Well, if it isn't the one and only Prince Mahli Scaevus of The Allicere," a deep voice interrupted. I turned to find Prince Linus Ventridge walking towards us. "We have lots to catch up on, Your Highness."

The Traitor of Inlustrisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें