9 || Chase

Eraser Head's P.O.V.

"Hizashi, take Jiro to Recovery Girl." I said sternly.

"Okay, but what are you gonna do?" He questioned with his loud voice.

I pulled my goggles over my eyes, "I'm going after her." I replied truthfully, looking up at the rooftop. "I won't let an attack on a student slide."

Before I gave him a chance to try to talk me out of it, I used my capture weapon to fling myself up onto the roof Puppet Master had just started to run from. I landed on the roof in a crouched position, my scarf recalling to my neck.

Puppet Master was running away from the area I had just landed at. I wasn't one to let many things get to me on a personal level, especially when it involved hero work, but this villain, Puppet Master, really got to me. The number of times she has evaded capture, not just from me but from multiple other pro hero's including the current number one hero, Endeavor. She's escaped from seemingly impossible circumstances because of her speed and agility, not to mention her quirk for when I wasn't around to erase it. She had escaped from me specifically a total of four times, I was not about to let this become the fifth.

"PUPPET MASTER!" I yelled with anger. My throat was already sore from yelling, which I didn't normally do.

She stopped running and turned around to face me. I activated my quirk on her, erasing her powers, I just needed to keep my eyes open for as long as our confrontation lasted.

"There's no need to be so formal with me, Eraser." She smiled tauntingly, "Just call me Puppet."

"If you think I'm going to let you go after injuring one of my students, you're gravely mistaken." I said bitterly.

"I know that. So I guess I'll keep running, and escape you, for what? The fifth time now?" She asked. She was right, and she knew it. My scarf was a mid to long-ranged capture weapon, the farther it was from me, the less I could control it. So long as she stayed out of its range she would in fact escape me again.

"You know, your actions are actually quite predictable." She started to monologue, most likely trying to wear me down. "You go into a protective state of mind as soon as your students are in danger." She was right again, I did. Thinking back I did exactly that at the training camp when the League, including her, attacked it.

"I usually come out at night, same as you, but today I needed souls, so here I am now, with a few more souls than last night." She carelessly stepped forward, into the range of my scarf. My eyes were starting to get dry, I would have to blink soon.

"Are your eyes getting dry yet?" She asked smugly.

I stayed silent, my fury rising.

"I'll take that as a yes."

I couldn't wait any longer, I had to make my move, I had to blink. I threw my capture weapon at her and it wrapped around her waist and both her arms. I yanked her towards me, blinking briefly to rehydrate my eyes, then I quickly reactivated my quirk. I swung a kick at her, she grabbed the cloth of my scarf that was wrapped around her and used it to swing herself up in the air and over my head, successfully dodging my kick.

I swiveled around and jumped back, dodging her own kick that would have gone straight into my back had I not moved. I kept my eyes trained on her and I let my weapon unwrap from around her. I had to be careful, I couldn't let her manipulate my own support item and use it against me.

She started to run from me and across the rooftops again, fast. I couldn't let her out of my sight, so I ran after her.
——

Puppets P.O.V.

I kept running on the roof with Eraser chasing close behind me, it was clear he wouldn't let me out of his sight for even a moment. I did notice that occasionally when I looked back briefly his hair would fall down a few inches then quickly go back to its original position of floating straight up in the air, and it was becoming more frequent. He was blinking. Even though I couldn't see his eyes through his goggles it was easy to tell that he had dry-eye.

I quickly threw a throwing knife back at him to slow him down a bit, giving me some more leeway. He dodged my knife by jumping to the side but he quickly regained his course after me. He hadn't thrown his scarf at me since I used it to my advantage and nearly kicked him a few minutes ago, he was being cautious.

"Good to know he can still think while enraged." I muttered under my breath.

I felt a vibration coming from my pocket, my phone. I glanced back behind me to see how far Eraser was from me, he wasn't that far, about five yards maybe. It was far enough for me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and quickly looked down at the screen, Kurogiri was calling me.

'Why of all times do you have to call me now?!' I internally yelled.

I threw another knife at Eraser with my right hand and answered my phone with my left, putting it up to my ear.

"What?!" I snapped as I kept running and jumping over an alley in front of me.

"You're on the news."

"I know." I had noticed that as I was monologuing to Eraser Head, a news helicopter was in the sky behind him and now it was following us.

"What the hell is she doing?!" I heard Shigaraki's voice in the background of the call.

"Would you like some assistance?" Kurogiri asked completely ignoring Shigaraki.

I heard a glass break on the other side of the call.

"Please calm yourself, Tomura." Kurogiri quickly responded to Shigaraki's tantrum.

I looked back at Eraser Head who was still chasing me, he was slowing down a bit, but not much. I threw yet another knife at him, he dodged.

"Quickly would be preferable." I said through gritted teeth.

"Run forwards from where you are now, the first alley you come across will have a warp gate." Kurogiri instructed. "Now excuse me while I calm our young leader." The call ended and I quickly shoved my phone back in my pocket.

I saw the alley Kurogiri was talking about. I slowed my pace and stopped at the edge of the alley, looking into it finding the warp gate right against the edge. I could just jump straight into it and disappear.

'Perfect.'