53 || "Gimme a kiss first~"

Third Person P.O.V.

Hawks landed them both down onto the same rooftop Puppet had originally been on before he came to see her. He let go of her and she let go of him, them both taking a step back.

Hawks sat down with a smile on his face. He was happy that he was able to take Puppet for a small flight.

He looked up at Puppet then pat the area next to him with his hand, "Come sit."

She humored him and went and sat down on the roof to his left.

Hawks reached behind Puppets back and over to her left shoulder. Gently, he coaxed her to lean against him.

She gave into his hold and leaned her weight on him, placing her head on his broad shoulder. She shifted herself so she was a bit more comfortable, Hawks helped her by wrapping his large left wing around her and bringing her closer.

"Ya'know, I'm pretty sure once on a rooftop just like this one, you said you wanted nothing to do with me." Hawks spoke.

Puppet gave an unamused hum.

"Now look where we are." He finished.

"Well I don't want anything to do with you, I don't get your point." Puppet said both monotonously and sarcastically.

"Love ya too~" He leaned over and kissed the top of her head.

Puppet went to get up but he wouldn't allow her to. He kept both his arm and wing wrapped around her, keeping her leaning against his chest.

"Hawks." Puppet said with clear warning. Her single word was enough to get the message across to him.

Hawks knew what she wanted, but he wasn't going to let her have her way so easily. No, he was gonna have a bit of fun with it.

"Yeah?" He asked, playing dumb.

"Let go." The warning was still there in her voice.

He gave a mischievous grin, "Gimme a kiss first~"
——

Puppets P.O.V.

'He did not just do that.' I thought. That was just playing dirty.

"No." I responded.

I felt him use the arm he had around me to pull me into his lap. He sat me so my back was against his chest and he wrapped both his arms around my stomach, keeping me in place.

"Gimme a kiss." He repeated, this time in a slightly commanding tone. He rested his head on my shoulder and patiently waited for me to answer.

'Needy bird.' I thought, "No. Get off."

Following my response I felt him turn his head and I was startled as he began placing somewhat aggressive kisses along my neck.

"Hey!" I squealed. I went to move away but Hawks pulled me right back, tightening his hold and pinning me to his chest. He folded his wings around me, trapping me further.

"Give. Me. A. Kiss." He demanded, saying one word in between each of his kisses.

"Quit it." I snapped in a slightly playful tone, "I said n-!"

Hawks started to gently nibble on my neck with his teeth, causing me to stop mid-sentence. I could feel my heart start to beat a tad faster. His nibbles combined with his stubble against my neck tickled slightly, it almost made me giggle.

He lifted his head up to my ear, "And I said gimme a kiss." He whispered, sending faint shivers up my spine.

'Ugh, I'm not getting out of this one.' I decided I would give him just a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Fine." I groaned. He slightly loosened his hold on me so I would be able to turn toward him.

I quickly moved closer to Hawks, aiming for his cheek, but sadly he was quicker than me. He moved his head slightly to the side so my lips connected with his own.

Surprised, I went to quickly pull back but Hawks was quicker than me... again. One of his hands let go from around me and flew up to the base of my neck, pushing my head forward to stay in the kiss. His other hand stayed around my waist, holding me tightly and pulling me closer to him.

I felt him smirk against my lips and without my permission, he deepened the kiss, slightly leaning me back as he did so. The arm he had around my waist moved to the small of my back, causing me to rely on his hold. My arms were pinned against his chest and I couldn't move them all that well.

I just gave in and kissed him back. He seemed happy with my cooperation and allowed me to move more. I placed my hands on his shoulders, letting myself get a bit more comfortable.

I began to push back when the need for oxygen kicked in. Once he got the hint he pulled away.

He gave me a sweet smile, "That's all I wanted."

He let go of me and gave me the chance to get up. I thought about it for a moment and instead decided to cuddle with him. I shifted my position so I could curl up with my side against his chest and my head right beneath his chin.

"Is that really all it takes for you to become all soft and cuddly? I thought you were a fearsome murderer, Puppet~" Hawks teased and wrapped one of his arms back around my back, holding me in a tender moment.

"Oh hush, be happy you get to see this side of me." I spoke.

"I am happy, and I like this side of you." He said back.

I just closed my eyes and reveled in this moment between us. I felt inexplicably safe in his arms, it was quite a foreign feeling. Since he first showed up, he had slowly been gaining more and more of my trust. Trust was not an easy thing to gain when it came to me, if I were to count the people I trust the list would be made up of very few people.
——

Third Person P.O.V.

The two sat like that for a few minutes, enjoying each other's company.

Hawks nudged Puppet, "Hey, we should probably head back."

"Yeah, sure." Puppet mumbled.

They both stood back up and Hawks flew them both back to the abandoned building that served as the LoV hideout.