76 || Masks

Puppets P.O.V.

I woke up rather peacefully from my sleep. The first thing I did was stretch, rolling by shoulders and neck. My body still felt relaxed and loosened from last night.

I was still in my clothes from yesterday, and my mask was still on. Though I did notice that my boots were placed neatly at the foot of my bed.

Hawks had done a wonderful job, even after I fell asleep. I wasn't too fond of falling asleep in his arms, but I did and he had helped me into bed. He gained a good amount of my trust from that.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and slid my feet into my boots, then zipping them up.

Once my boots were on the way I preferred them to be, I took my knife dispensers from the nightstand and slipped them back up my sleeves.

I quickly brushed my hair using the brush Kurogiri had gotten for me a day or so ago, making sure I looked at least somewhat decent.

I stood up and walked over to the door. I picked up my necklace that Hawks had put around the doorknob and put it on, the delicate chain clipping together.

I opened the door, preparing to go downstairs to see what everyone else was up to. My plans were foiled as Compress walked down the hallway. As soon as he saw me he came walking over to me.

"Good morning, my dear." He greeted me, "How did you sleep?"

"Really well." I answered, "What about you?"

Our conversation was cut off as the sudden small sound of a glass bottle breaking came from the end of the hallway and down the stairs. The sound was followed by Shigaraki yelling something that contained Kurogiri's name. Well he was mad for absolutely no reason again.

Compress sighed, "Shall we sit down?"

"Yeah, sure."

I turned back around and we both went into my room. I closed the door to somewhat muffle Shigaraki's tantrum.

Compress and I both walked over and sat down on my bed.

Compress took off his hat and pulled off both his mask and balaclava. It had been a while since I've seen his face.

By taking off his balaclava, it allowed me to fully see his face and hair. His face was sculpted beautifully, a semi-pointed nose and strong but not too strong jawline. He had somewhat curly brown hair that was a bit darker than his coffee-colored eyes. It was hard to believe that head of hair fit under his balaclava. Then again, it was kinda the same way with Twice.

"You have absolutely no business being that damn hot." I said bluntly right at his face.

He laughed, "I'm glad you think I'm attractive my dear."

"Yeah, it's a shame you keep your mask on all the time, I'm sure women would be swooning all over you." I said jokingly.

"No one would like an old-school showman such as I." He stated, "Not to mention my involvement with the League and hobby of stealing from banks."

"Remind me how many banks you've stolen from." I said sarcastically. I knew he had plenty of bank robberies under his belt.

He chuckled, "Enough, my dear, enough. It's like asking how many people you've killed."

He did have a point, I had stopped keeping track of how many people I killed a while ago. I shrugged.

Compress moved onto a new topic, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're the only ones who know what we look like under our masks."

"Yes." I confirmed.

"Do you plan on showing Hawks your face?" He asked.

"No." I replied blandly, "Why?"

"You two do seem close."

I hadn't really noticed how close Hawks and I have gotten over the past few months. I was growing feelings for the winged man.

"I suppose we are." I mumbled my response.

"So you've dropped your act?"

I sighed, "Yeah, I guess.."

Compress grabbed me lightly by the arms and turned me to face him.

"If he truly is strongly in love with you and you return his heartfelt thoughts, don't waste it. There is nothing like a man's love for another." He said, "I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have so I will inform you. He wants to be around and with you, he moves to you whether you ask him to or not. He probably jumps out of his skin when he's with you- any time you pay him mind."

I didn't know if he was speaking from experience, as far as I knew he never had a love life. I did hope he was right, it would be nice to know Hawks was that way about me.

"Thanks for the advice."

"Well should we go see if Shigaraki's calmed down now?" He asked as he picked up his balaclava and put it back on along with his mask and hat.

I picked up my mask and fixed it back onto my face. "Yeah, let's go."