A Date With D.Va

(Y/N)'s POV

Final preparation to the dinner was being made, after that they would just remain on my kitchen counter until Hana would arrive. If I know Hana, which I do, then she would get carried away playing her video game to the point of memory loss and the food would get stale and cold.

I know Hana was complimenting on my steak with cilantro butter that I had for brunch, but this time I cooked up some beef ragu. Cooking up that dinner was easy thanks to my mother's culinary teaching, the only difficulty was anxiously waiting for Hana to arrive. Even my attire and hair wasn't convincing me to calm down. I spent more time forming the best looking version of me then I did making the best meal for Hana. I've had my fair share of going on dates with other girls before, but one with Hana felt like a winning a lucky lottery ticket.

I sat alone on my diner table and with anxiety clouding my mind, along with the sounds of an analog clock second hand clicking. Every second that rolls on by, the clock clicks, making me feel smaller in this empty room. Until a familiar pattern knock disrupt the repetition clicks. Me and Hana have a pattern knock code to let the other know it's us.

Before I reached the door knob to open up the door, I did the fastest last check up on my hair, breath and clothes before fighting my nerves before opening the door.

Hana: "Oh hi (Y/N). Thought I was the only one to take this whole date thing so seriously." She said so playfully and with a small wave.

(Y/N): "Heh heh, I thought I was the only one to be so serious, didn't think you be dressed all gorgeous for dinner." I tried so hard to play it cool.

Hana: "Oh stop it!" She blushed. "You look good too."

Being the gentleman that I am, I kindly held open the door for Hana before closing it behind he flowery scented body she carried. She took her seat at the prepared diner table, completed with a red rose in the center, champagne glass and candles for that added lighting.

Hana: "Aww (Y/N). You didn't have to do all this." She said with surprise but with a hint of acceptance.

(Y/N): "Of course I had too, only the best for Hana."

My beef ragu just had the right amount of time to cool down for enjoyment. I grabbed the ceramic plates in both of my hands and delivered them with care and caution to the table. I first dropped off Hana's plate before stepping back and placing down mine.

(Y/N): "Bon appetit!" I say with a smug appearing on my face.

Hana: "(Y/N) that looks so good!"

I could tell from Hana's expression that she couldn't hold back her eagerness to eat but she stayed formal and civilized at the end. I offered her some red wine to go with it and she said yes. I'd poured it into her champagne glass slowly first before rapidly pouring it into mine, then I'd set the red wine to the side. Hana took the first bite and her face lit up in delightfulness after chewing and swallowing it. I felt so happy and impressed with myself after delivering a meal to please Hana Song herself.

Hana: "This is really good (Y/N), you said your mom taught you how to cook?" She asked taking a break from the beef ragu.

(Y/N): "Yeah. My mom is quite a popular culinary chef and she taught me her cooking skills so I can cook for myself."

Hana: "Popular eh? So like Gordon Ramsay?"

(Y/N): "Not as big as him but like up coming. I think she got offered an opportunity to star in master chef."

Hana: "Ooo how exciting!"

We continued to enjoy the beef ragu accompany with some red wine. We munch until the plate started to look empty. Hana took some small bites when she neared the end compared to when we started eating. Probably to savor each and every bite. She dropped her fork on the side of the plate then reached for the napkin to wipe her face with bits of food hanging on her lips. Finished with taking a sip of that red wine.