Chapter One: Framed to Curse a King

<Photo edit-collage created by me but photos are credited to their owners>

3rd POV

Maleficent, a dark forest Fey, mother to Aurora and guardian of the Moors, had just left a dinner.

A dinner that she had more been invited to than Aurora herself.

The dinner was no ordinary dinner, it was intentionally fashioned to insult Maleficent in such a way that her only daughter, Aurora, was being stolen away from her by none other than Queen Ingrith herself.

Just as the slyest and most vile snake, Queen Ingrith made her way in-between the bond connecting Maleficent and Aurora.

A bond, Maleficent thought, could never be severed. Not by anyone.

The bond that was kept between Aurora and her as mother and daughter.

Maleficent came to discover the horrid fact...that she was mistaken.

Very mistaken. Even, almost heartbroken at the fact that she had just been played by that human Queen.

She had been framed in cursing the king just as her magic had let loose from her rising outburst that was no longer contained.

She was seen as the monster to all that were present in that dinner hall. All except two...Aurora and Diaval. Maybe Philip.

But all that mattered was Aurora in Maleficent's mind. Besides Diaval.

Unfortunately, Aurora did not believe her. Maleficent did not even lay a finger on the King, not even a speck of magic.

She did no such thing.

The only reason she was even here was because of Aurora. This humiliation of a dinner was only, barley alive because of Aurora.

If it was not for Aurora, Maleficent would have burned the place down from the moment Queen Ingrith had spoke to the Dark Fey.

But now...with Aurora thinking her to blame...what was the point in all of this?

She could leave now if she truly wanted. Her daughter rejected her trust, a bond that broke from the scheme of Queen Ingrith.

Did only Maleficent know?

She didn't kill the king, even though she had in some eyes killed Aurora's father...someone she once had a love for.

She never wanted him truly dead...but he had changed so much, that even when she won against him he still tried to stab her in the back over and over.

He...should have never ventured in the Moors that day...and she, as a naive little girl...she shouldn't have let him enter into her world, especially her heart.

She looked at Aurora and Diaval hoping deep down that one of them would side with her.

Did not even her Raven think it strange?

Did Diaval not have a clue to how evil the Queen really was? She intended to kill if need be, she was the true villain.

Was Maleficent the only one to see behind her mask...

Maleficent knew the moment she heard words come out of that Queen's mouth.

With wishing to think no more, Maleficent stormed off with an unnatural and forced wind, knocking soldiers down in the process who tried to seize her.

She did not once...think about Diaval and Aurora who were left in that nightmare of a castle.

The heartbroken Fey only wished to escape her own on-growing pain.

A pain she wished she could forget.

Pain she no longer wanted to harbor.

She wanted to smile. But how could she when no one was there to believe her words.

No one there to be of comfort to her.

To know she stood by her word.

To know all she wanted to do was to protect those she held dear to her heart.

To see she wasn't the monster.

She wasn't the monster...she wasn't evil...but she was and could have been misunderstood.