VI

"Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall." The beaver said. "Oh blimey! Looks like the old girl has got the kettle on. Nice cup o' Rosy Lee."

"It's lovely." You say as you made it to the beaver dam.

"It's merely a trifle, you know. Still plenty to do. Ain't quite finished yet. It'll look the business when it is, though." The beaver responded.

"Beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick!" A woman's voice asks from inside the dam. The voice was followed by another Beaver coming outside. "If I find you've been out with badger again I... Well, those aren't badgers. I never thought I'd live to see this day." She looked at the five of you awe struck.

"Look at my fur. You couldn't give me ten minutes warning?" She scolded her husband.

"I'd have given a week if I thought it would've helped." Mr. Beaver teased, causing you all to laugh, except Edmund that is.

"Come on inside, let's see if we can get you some food, and some civilized company." Mrs. Beaver said. You all followed, entering the little dam.

•••

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Mr. Tumnus?" You asked. You sat at the beavers table next to Peter, who's next to Susan, next to Lucy.

"They'll have taken him to the witches house. You know what they say." Mr. Beaver said. "There's a few that go through them gates that come out again."

"Fish 'n' chips?" Mrs. Beaver offered. "But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope."

"Oh, yeah, there's a right bit more than hope!" Mr. Beaver said. "Aslan is on the move." He said discretely.

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked from behind you. Mr. Beaver laughed.

"Who's Aslan?" He mocked, continuing to laugh. "You cheeky little blighter." Mrs. Beaver nudged him noticing that Edmund was serious. "What? You don't know, do you?"

"We haven't exactly been here very long." Peter said.

"Well, he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geezer. The Real king of Narnia." Mr. Beaver said.

"He's been away for a long while." Mrs. Beaver added.

"But he's just got back! And he's waiting for you near the stone table!"

"He's waiting for us?" You asked.

"You're blooming joking!" Mr. Beaver shouted. "They don't even know about the prophecy!"

"Well..." Mrs. Beaver motioned for him to explain.

"Look... Aslans return, Tumnus arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!" He said.

"You're blaming us?" Susan asked.

"No! Not blaming. Thanking you." Mrs. Beaver clarified.

"There's a prophecy." Mr. Beaver started. "When Adams flesh and Adams bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done."

"You know that doesn't really rhyme." Susan told him.

"I know it don't. You're kind of missing the point!" Mr. Beaver said.

"It has long been for told, that two sons of Adam, and three daughters of Eve, because we're female." She side noted the female part. "Will defeat the white witch and restore peace to Narnia."

"And you think we're the ones?" Peter asked.

"You'd better be, 'cause Aslans already fitted out your army." Mr. Beaver said.

"Our army?" Lucy asked surprised.

"We were sent away so that we wouldn't get caught up in a war." Susan said looking to Peter.

"I think you've made a mistake." Peter said. "We're not heroes."

"We're from Finchley." Susan reasoned. The Beavers looked at us confused. "Thank you for your hospitality. But we really have to go." Susan now stood.

"No, you can't just leave!" Mr. Beaver stood as well.

"He's right. We have to help Mr. Tumnus." Lucy said still sitting.

"It's out of our hands." Peter told his sister. "I'm sorry but it's time the five of us be getting home."

"Peter, where's Edmund?" You questioned looking past him where Edmund had once sat.

"Ed?" Peter called turning around finding an empty area. "Ed? I'm gonna kill him."

"You may not have to." Mr. Beaver said. "Has Edmund ever been to Narnia before?"

•••

"Hurry!" Peter called to the rest of you as you made your way up the hill to find Edmund. At the top of the hill you see a glass castle, presumably the witches castle. Edmund is seemingly making his way to said castle.

"Edmund!" Lucy calls as loud as she could.

"Shh, they'll hear ya." Mr. Beaver warned. Peter then tried to run after his brother but was stopped by Mr. Beaver. "Nooo!"

"Get off me!" Peter yelled.

"You're playing into her hands." Mr. Beaver said.

"We can't just let him go!" Susan shouted.

"He's our brother!" Lucy added.

"He's the bait!" Mr. Beaver told you. "The witch wants all five of you!"

"But why?" You asked.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true. To kill you!" He said. You all turned to watch Edmund enter the castle gates.

"This is all your fault." Susan said to Peter.

"My fault?" Peter questioned.

"None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place!" She yelled.

"Oh so you knew this would happen?" Peter asked sarcastically.

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should've left while we still could!" Susan yelled.

"Stop it!" You yelled. "Fighting is not going to help your brother."

"She's right. Only Aslan can help him now." Mr. Beaver said.

"Then take us to him." Peter said as you all glanced at the castle one last time.