XI

You and Lucy climbed the tree trying to keep away from the wolves. Susan was up the hill blowing her horn.

"Agh!" Lucy yelled as the wolves kept jumping trying to get the two of you from the tree.

"Get back!" Peter yelled drawing his sword as he ran across the water.

"Peter!" You yelled in relief. Susan had then returned but made her way near Aslan who was also now in the area.

"Come on. We've already been through this before." One of them said. "We both know you haven't got it in you."

"Peter, watch out!" You told him as the other wolf was stalking him. Aslan then stepped on one of them, causing him to whimper. Behind him came a centaur known as Oreius and a cheetah.

"No! Stay your weapons. This is Peters battle." Aslan said as Oreius drew his sword.

"You may think you're a king, but you're going to die." The other wolf said before pouncing onto Peter. "Like a dog!"

Susan then ran to Peters side as he fell backwards under the wolf, you and Lucy hopped out of the tree and were right behind her.

"Peter?" You questioned pushing the wolf off with the girls. The three of you hugged him after he sat up. "I'm so glad you're alright."

"Of course she is." Lucy teased.

"We are all so glad that you're okay. Aren't we Lucy." You said giving her a look.

"Of course we are." She giggled.

"What did I miss?" Peter asked.

"Nothing." You all said at the same time.

"After him." Aslan said letting go of the wolf. "He'll lead you to Edmund." His soldiers then ran after the wolf. "Peter, clean your sword."

Peter cleaned his sword and then kneeled before Aslan. "Rise, sir Peter Wolfs Bane, Knight of Narnia."

Peter smiled at the three of you before turning back to Aslan and returning his sword to its scabbard

•••

You sat under a tree asking your book things about Narnia.

"Hey." You heard. You look up to see Peter.

"Hey yourself, Knight of Narnia." You smiled.

Peter then sat next to you. "What are you doing?"

"What I do best: reading." You chuckled. "I'm learning about Narnia. About its creatures, laws, legends. I even read about us."

"Us?" He asked.

"Remember when the beavers were telling us about the prophecy?" You asked him getting a nod in response. "Check this out." You turned to your book. "Show me the prophecy of Narnia." You opened the book and it told you what the beavers told you and then some.

"Wow." Peter said.

"And this is going to blow your mind. Ready?" He nodded. You closed the book and said this: "Show me the rightful Kings and Queens of Narnia." You looked at Peter before opening the book.

"No way..." Peter said as he saw accurate drawings of the five of you. "They're drawings but they're definitely us."

"It's amazing, isn't it?" You asked looking at him.

"It is." He said staring into your eyes. "You've got something in your hair." He said before pulling a leaf out of your hair.

"Thanks..." you said realizing how close he was to your face now. The two of you leaned in but were stopped when you saw someone behind him.

"Is that Oreius?" You asked as he was a bit far. "I think Edmunds back." You stand putting your book in your bag.

You and Peter walk over to where Oreius had come from and see Edmund talking with Aslan over on a hill. You look to see Susan exiting your tent and joining the two of you. Lucy then joins the group calling for Edmund. Peter stops her. Edmund turns his attention to the girl and then back to Aslan. He then walks away from Aslan and towards the group.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past." Aslan says before walking away.

Edmund finds it hard to make eye contact with his siblings. He stutters out a "Hello". Lucy sighs of relief and hugs her brother. Susan next. Even you give him a hug.

"Are you alright?" Susan asks him.

"I'm a little tired." He answers.

"Get some sleep." Peter motions to their tent. Edmund walks by disappointed by his brothers answer. "And Edmund... try not to wander off." Peter smiles, Edmund reciprocated this action.

•••

Later, you, Susan, Lucy, and Edmund sit around a small table and start to eat what was presented to you. Peter stood against a rock nearby. Edmund starts to chow down on the toast.

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed." Lucy jokes.

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back." Peter says.

"What?" You ask putting your Apple down.

"We're going home?" Susan asked.

"You are. I promised mum I'd keep you safe." He said. "But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help."

"But they need us." Lucy said. "All five of us."

"Lucy's right. They do need us. And besides, you didn't promise anything about me. I'm staying." You stated taken aback.

"It's too dangerous." He said. "Y/N almost drowned, Edmund was almost killed."

"Which is why we have to stay." Edmund spoke up. "I've seen what the white witch can do. I've helped her do it." He admitted. "We can't leave these people behind to suffer for it."

"I suppose that's it then." Susan said standing and walking towards her bow.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked.

"To get in some practice." She smiled.

"Ooh, I'll come with you. I need to learn how to use these claw things." You say standing and following Susan.

•••

Susan practices with a target, Lucy as well (with her dagger).

"Are these not the creepiest things you've ever seen?" You asked the girls now wearing the claws. "I feel like an animal." You all laughed. You aimed the bottom part at a target and clutched the knuckle piece. You watched as the spikes hit spot on in the target.

"Nice!" Lucy said watching.

You all then turn to see the boys riding up on horses practicing their swords. "So cute." You accidentally said out loud.

"What was that?" Susan questioned.

"Nothing." You said immediately. "It was nothing." The girls laughed.

"Peter! Edmund!" Beaver yelled approaching the group, startling Edmunds horse.

"Woah horsy." He said.

"My name is Philip." The horse corrected.

"Sorry." Edmund apologized.

"The witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan." Beaver explained. "She's on her way here."