High • Rafe

940 word count

Y/n's P.O.V

It had not even been a week yet since our breakup and he already had another barbie doll under his arm.

I rolled my eyes looking at them as I lied down getting my tan. "You know it's hard being friends when your brother is my ex" I tell Sarah putting my sun glasses back on. "Shut up you love me" Sarah says laughing at me.

"Hey girls" I hear Topper say before coming to us with two lemonades. "Thanks Top" I tell him as he sits next to Sarah putting an arm around her.

Sarah had invited me to their house for a small party. I came to have fun and be with my bestfriend. What I did not come for was to see my ex with some new chick.

It hurt just a bit. I still loved him. I always would. At one point he was my everything. He made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. Obviously that wasn't true.

3 years strong. That was until we broke it off. We both wanted different things. He wanted to party, drink, and do drugs. I wanted a future....a family. He just wanted a high.

He had been clean for the three years we were together but he got back into drugs like he never left them. I think that's what hurt the most. I thought I had helped him. Clearly I didn't.

"Hey" I hear a voice, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hi" I smile seeing Kelce sitting next to me. "What's up with you?" he asks me. "Nothing" I tell him sipping my drink.

"Look if it helps, Rafe misses you, it might not look like it but he regrets it a lot" I scoff. "You don't have to believe me but trust me I'm his bestfriend" He tells me. I nod slowly.

Yes it was extremely hard to believe. Half of me missed him so much and wanted to just run into his arms. The other half of me wanted to get over him.

I looked back at Rafe to see him talking to the girl. His arm no longer lingered over her but was now ruffling his hair.

"If looks could kill she'd be dead" Sarah says giggling. I shake my head not realizing I was staring. "I'm going inside" I tell them standing up and walking in the kitchen to get a new drink.

"Y/n" I hear the familiar voice say. I turn around quickly and look at him. "Yes" I say leaning against the counter. "I- I don't know" he says sounding as if he is about to break. He looks around and grabs my hand pulling me upstairs towards his room.

"What Rafe?" I tell him as he closes the door. "I can't live with out you y/n" He tells me. "What do you mean?" I ask him. "I don't like the state my mind is in when you aren't with me" he says stuttering.

"I don't like drugs but I needed the high" he whispers. "You were my high y/n" He says looking at me intently. "I- was- what?" "You were my high dammit!" he yells making me flinch.

"I don't know what I was thinking!" he tells me. I put my hand on his arm and as I do so his facial expressions soften. "I need you, I don't care about everything else! I tried to get my mind off of you by using other girls but those girls were never you they couldn't come close to you even if they tried" He rambles making my heart skip a beat.

"Without you I feel like I have no purpose. You keep me grounded. I want a future with you." He tells me cupping my face in his hands. The way he talked reminded me of the reason why I fell in love with him. I felt myself melt into him the more and more he talked

"I love you y/n and I'm never gonna stop loving you ever" he tells me chuckling a bit. "I love you too Rafe" I tell him as he pulls me into a hug.

"You're my world princess" he whispers in my ear. "Never leave me" he tells me. "I wouldn't dare" I giggle wrapping my arms even tighter around him.

He pulls away slowly and attached his lips to mine ever so delicately. As we both pull away he asks "so does that mean?". "Yes" I smile at him.

"Under one condition you have to stop doing the drugs and drinking" I tel him sternly. "Yes ma'am" he tells me jokingly saluting me with his hand. I laugh at his gesture and shake my head.

"As long as I have you I don't need them" He says. I blush at his words. "You're my high baby" He says locking his eyes with mine. I felt the butterflies in my stomach erupt.

He never failed to make me feel this way. "I don't know how someone could be so in love with one person" I tell him brushing my fingers over his cheekbone and jawline.

"Trust me I feel the same way" he says pulling me once again into his embrace.

And just like that I was content again. I had the love of my life holding me in his arms and this time I was never letting go. Ever.

I hope you enjoyed this story! Please leave anything in the comments down below if you have any comments, suggestions, or anything else! Comment and vote! Love y'all bye 💓