Need you • Rafe

Prompt: "I need you and I hate it" - Rafe

Y/n's P.O.V

"No more Rafe" I laughed as I took the red solo cup from his hand. "Meany" he said sticking his tongue out.

Rafe was already drunk and I didn't want him drinking too much since I would be the one taking care of him, like always.

He talked to the boys for a bit before coming back to me and letting me know he was tired and wanted to go home.

I helped him get in the car as we drove back to his house.

He swung his arm around my shoulders as I struggled to carry his weight. "Thanks y/n" he slurred as I tucked him in.

I was about to walk away when I felt him tug my wrist. "Stay with me" he whispered. I sighed as I got into the covers next to him.

This wasn't unusual for either of us. Rafe would get drunk and I would end up dealing with the aftermath.

*

I woke up to Rafe's light snores. I softly got out of the bed and went down stairs getting two advil pills and a glass of water.

I went back to his room and placed the two on his bedside table. He began to stir and started waking up.

"Hi" I said softly. "Here" I motioned to the items. "Thanks" he said sitting up and taking the two.

"You know you don't have to baby me" "I wasn't trying to" I told him getting up as I started to gather my things to head back home.

"I don't need you to take care of me" he said seriously. "I was just trying to be nice Rafe" I told him.

"I don't need you" he said under his breath. "What?" I asked taken aback. "I think you should leave" he said a bit louder. "but i-" "leave." he repeated.

I felt a ping of sadness as I just nodded and headed out. He has never acted like this before and it hurt.

I finally got home and said a quick hi to my parents letting them know where I was. I wanted to text him but I wasn't going to.

If he didn't need me I was going to give him his space. I saw my phone light up as I quickly grabbed it.

I was hoping it was Rafe telling me he was sorry but it was Sarah.

Sarah

Party tonight?😎✨

I don't think I can do two nights in a row😪

Come on y/n

fine fine i'll meet you there later

yay! see you soon😘

I groaned as I realized what I had gotten myself into.

*

"Hurry up its not that hard" Sarah said as she laid on my bed. "Fine i'll just wear this" I tell her as I walk out of the closet wearing a short but cute black dress that fit like a glove.

"Cute let's go" she said annoyed as she grabbed my hand dragging me out.

*

"Here" she said placing a drink in my hand. "Sarah.." "Y/n you can drink you don't have anybody to take care of" She said winking as she walked off.

I sighed as I took a sip. Beer. Ew.

I walked around for a bit finding a group to talk to. My eyes landed on Rafe who was already going insane. I rolled my eyes as I decided to dance.

I danced with a few girls but soon found myself dancing with a boy.

I tried to focus on him but I felt my eyes widen as I saw Rafe trying to jump off a ledge.

"I'm sorry" I told the guy quickly as I ran towards the boy. "Rafe get down!" I told him sternly. "Fine fine fine" he said obviously intoxicated.

He eventually got down and I dragged him out of the house. "What the hell was that? You could have gotten killed" I told him.

"I wasn't going to actually do it" he scoffed. I was a few feet away but I could still smell the drugs and alcohol coming from his mouth.

"I'm taking you home" I said as I put him in my car.

I drove him to his house and did the same things I always did.

Tucked him in and mentally scolded myself for giving in and taking care of me. Doing the exact thing he told me not to do.

I yawned. I was tired. I picked myself up and went to Sarah's room. She had a couch so I just knocked out on there knowing she wouldn't mind.

I woke up to somebody smacking me with a pillow.
"Bitch" I said annoyed getting up. "You know you could have crashed on my bed" she told me giggling.

"I know" I told her. I got out of her room walking into Rafe's. I placed the things on his bedside table as usual and walked out.

I was about to get into my car when I heard his voice. "Y/n wait up!" I heard him yell from behind me. I turned around.

"Hey" he smiled. "What Rafe?" "Listen y/n I'm sorry" he said genuinely. "Mhm" I hummed. "The thing is.." I listened patiently as he tried to find the right words to say.

I was mad at him right now but after all he was my bestfriend. "I need you and I hate it" he finally let out looking down.

"Rafe..." "I sorry I was being a dick I just didn't want to have to depend on someone to take care of me but I need you no matter how many times so try to tell my self otherwise" he said locking his eyes with mine.

I took a step closer to him cupping his face in my hand. "I need you too." I said giving him a smile.

I felt him close the distance between us. I don't think I ever felt these feelings before. When his lips left mine I mentally whined at the lost of contact.

"That just cured my hangover" he said placing his forehead on mine. I laughed pushing his shoulder, "oh shut up".

Hope you guys liked this one! It was requested lol! Love y'all bye!🤍