Chapter 13: Strychnine

Christian Lambert

Dies from blood loss after cutting himself up repeatedly with a switchblade dipped in Strychnine poison, obtained through a package left at his front door.

[ Strychnine poison - a strong and painful poison; only a small amount is needed to produce severe effects in people ]

Kira wrote in the Death Note, finalizing the man's death. "It is done."

Hanging off his shoulders Reina giggled before pulling him into a sensual kiss. He reciprocated, standing up from his desk and pushing her onto the bed.

In the few days they have spent together, their relationship has evolved. Light still remains cautious but has otherwise allowed himself to indulge in his infatuation with her. Reina decided this was what's best for herself and L, losing herself to the pleasure in order to forget her feelings for a certain raven haired detective.

"We have to get ready for the orientation." She laughed, trying to entangle their bodies.

He groaned, further burying his head into the crook of her neck leaving feather like kisses. Her toes curled, a weakness of hers that Light loved to tease.

"You know mmh." Reina moaned softly as she tried to speak, "L has ordered me to distract you 24/7 once you start college ahh~ He hopes the attention and pressure will cause you to mess up."

"Distract me?" Light smirked, peering up at her with amused eyes. "I'm afraid you're the one who seems the most distracted."

"Shut up." Grabbing him by the neck and flipping their positions, she pressed down at his throat, choking him gently. "My idea is we will become that IT couple at school. You'll be the genius and Little Miss Cheer Captain will have an accident in which I'll take her place. We will attract a lot of attention at school. Think you can keep up the pressure, the killings, homework and me?"

"Of course. I am Light Yagami, practically a certified genius and soon to be God of the New World." He reached up and trailed his hand up the back of her head before fisting her hair, pulling. She gasped and her eyes clouded with lust, rough play her favorite.

She licked her lips.

Light smiled. Oh, I'm in trouble now.

~*~

To-Oh University, an Ivy League college only available to the best and brightest. Their strongest suites are international business, economics, law and accounting. They are proven to have more than 80% of their students finding extreme success after graduation, their education unparalleled to any in the East Asian region.

However, before orientation, To-Oh University made headlines when one of their students was hospitalized due to an unknown accident. The victim was their Varsity Cheer Captain, police still investigating.

"Reina, what the hell?" L groaned, running his fingers through his messy hair. The orientation assembly had just ended, students pouring into the courtyard socializing. "Watari is mad. He canceled your credit cards."

"You did amazing during your speech!" She grinned, trying to avoid the topic. "I knew you would get a perfect score on your entrance exam, Mr. Freshman Representative." 

"Light did as well." He reminded, his expression unimpressed. He looked over her shoulder, "Speaking of him, I think it's time to introduce myself."

Light Yagami approached the two, leaving behind the crowd of girls that were pestering him about his relationship status. He did not know why but seeing Reina being friendly with his fellow freshman representative annoyed him. His lips curled into a fake smile, wrapping his arm around her waist. "Hello, Ryuga. I noticed how you recited your speech from memory. That was impressive."