part 2.

Although there wasn't much to do on a plane besides sit down for 10 hours, Chanyeol was exhausted. As soon as he got inside his room, he plopped on the bed and closed his eyes. It was only the sound of his phone's Twitter notification ring that made him reopen them again. Glancing at the screen, he read the announcement.

B. Jang-Mi Tweeted:

Hello my dear readers! I'll be hosting an impromptu Q&A tonight at 10pm~~ Ask me anything! Please use the hashtag #BJangmiQA so it'll be easier for me to interact with all of you! Hehe ヽ(*・ω・)ノ !!

As Chanyeol smiled, another notification popped up.

B. Jang-Mi Tweeted:

I will also be giving away signed copies of Flowers in the Rain to 3 lucky readers who retweets this Q&A tweet! I'll see you all soon! (*˘︶˘*).。.:*♡

Rolling over on his stomach, Chanyeol opened the app and dedicatedly replied under the thread a couple of heart-filled emojis because for someone who loved reading words, he could never find the right ones whenever he's responding to his favorite author.

He'd been reading B. Jang-Mi's work for a little over five years, having first discovered the author's small paperback debut on the floor of Yoora's room when he visited her during his third year of college. Despite being a short piece, Chanyeol really found himself in love with the writing style, especially how Miss B. Jang-Mi captured authentic emotions, almost as if she was projecting her own experiences through the eyes of her characters. Seemingly venting, seemingly distraught, yet hopeful... Her work was tragically beautiful and resound, if not bittersweet and happy.

Thinking that he might forget to tweet later, Chanyeol sent one out in that moment--just in case.

❁ ❁ ❁

That evening, Chanyeol decided to accompany Kyungsoo and Jongin down to the hotel ballroom with Baekhyun nowhere to be seen. It made him wonder how in the world he was Jongin's best man in the first place. Their personalities seemed so incompatible. As someone's best man, shouldn't he be there as support for his friend?

Chanyeol didn't understand, so he didn't bother thinking about it any further.

It wasn't until around 6:30 that he finally saw Baekhyun again, dragging his sluggish body out of his hotel room around the same time Chanyeol stepped out in a new set of clothes (since they were going to be dining at the 5-star restaurant). In contrast, Baekhyun was still wearing the same clothes he had been wearing all day, even all the way back to when they first met at LAX-- black leather jacket mixed with black jeans and a black turtleneck. A very lively combination--not.

Noticing the gaze that Chanyeol was giving him, Baekhyun shut the door behind him and frowned. "What? Are you in love with me or something?"

Chanyeol almost choked on air. His immediate reaction was to say something--anything--back, but he couldn't find any words. He was left flustered and too stunned to respond. Yet, it was his lack of a comeback that made Baekhyun smile in the end. It was only then that Chanyeol realized that was the latter's original intent.

Thinking back to Baekhyun's relationship with Jongin, Chanyeol began to realize that the two of them were essentially just two sides of the same coin. Both liked to tease, but Baekhyun was a bit more of the type to say things with an underhanded tone. And judging from his past comments, he also liked to be blunt.

Annoyed, Chanyeol turned first and started walking down the hall. Baekhyun followed behind him, yet made no effort to catch up. As soon as Chanyeol reached the elevators and hit the button to go down, he kept praying a door would open before Baekhyun got to him. But as luck would have it, one became available as soon as Baekhyun stood behind him. Without much of a choice, they both got into the elevator together.