part 5.

They'd only been gone for a few hours, but the venue was already looking better than when they had left it. Baekhyun had gone up to his hotel room to put the cake slice away, giving Chanyeol an opportunity to catch up with some of his old friends that had arrived to help out with the decorating. After a while, he noticed the chocolate wall and realized that for all the fits and hoops Baekhyun had to jump through for something that--in concept-- sounded more ridiculous than odd, it was actually nice to look at. He could only imagine what it'd look like once the ChocoDaes order came in the next day.

It probably wouldn't even be possible with Baekhyun and his antics. Speaking of which--

"The order went through smoothly, right?"

Chanyeol turned his head and was surprised to see Kyungsoo suddenly standing beside him. He must've finished speaking with the people in charge of the audio and sound while Chanyeol was spacing out again. "Huh? Oh, yeah. It did."

"I was beginning to worry. I didn't know if you guys got lost or something.."

If Chanyeol wasn't mistaken, Kyungsoo spoke in a light, playful tone. Almost like he was insinuating something, but Chanyeol ignored it, thinking it was just his overactive brain reading into things again.

"We took a little detour," he said, shrugging. A very sweet detour, but he left that part out. "The order will be ready to pick up by tomorrow morning. We'll stop by after breakfast."

"Hmm... Well, I'm glad you two are getting along." Kyungsoo smiled. "I was kind of worried since you looked pissed every time he came around! Even at the airport!"

"Uhhh, we got off on the wrong foot," Chanyeol admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. However, that initial airport memory felt like it was already in the distant past. He didn't know when he started getting used to having Baekhyun around all the time, but it just happened that way-- not that it was unpleasant.

"But you're okay now?"

"Yeah. I think we are."

"That's good. Who knows? Maybe Jongin and I will have another wedding to attend in a year? We'll be your best men."

The heat rose to his face faster than Chanyeol could even realize it was happening. He rolled his eyes in an attempt to brush things off, but after a few seconds, he muttered under his breath. Drawing a hand up to his face, Chanyeol covered his embarrassed expression.

"I wouldn't bet on that."

"Why not?"

Why?

Because Baekhyun was a fucking nutjob. Albeit, sometimes it was entertaining and fun, but the only reason Chanyeol could even keep up with him was because he had long fucking legs.

And Chanyeol can't stand his gaudy wardrobe fashion... Sometimes he felt like begging the latter to add something other than black to his outfit. As an illustrator, Chanyeol couldn't help it. He only used the color black sparingly in his work because it's a bold color. It draws the viewer's attention.

So whenever Baekhyun entered a room, he always stood out because that's what his wardrobe does. It brings all of Chanyeol's attention to him.

Realizing where his thoughts had wandered, Chanyeol blinked and turned his head to Kyungsoo.

"Did you hear me?" his friend asked.

Flustered, Chanyeol shook his head. "Sorry, um-- It's just that I don't think... I don't see Baekhyun and I being compatible."

There was an attempt to make it sound convincing, but Chanyeol didn't know whether he or Kyungsoo bought it.

"Oh... Really?"